Unofficial P45 Thread!

If there are any of you with a P45 chipset feel free to show your personal results! ;)

CPUz, OCCT, SuperPI, Cooling...whatever

Board - Biostar TPower I45

Cpu - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

Cooler - Xigmatek HDT-S1283

Ram - G.Skill 2X1Gb DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)

cpuz35ghzzg2.jpg

Edited by damian

Hi guys, anyone tried the ASUS P5Q-E?

It's a good bit cheaper than the P5Q deluxe, but the spec seems pretty similar. I'm considering one for myself, just wanted to know peoples thoughts on it.

cheers guys,

Andy

Well i wouldn't know to much on that exact model, but it seems like just another P45 board from Asus, like the P5Q, P5Qpro. They seem like fair boards, i would probably go with the P5Q pro though, quite popular, and there is a modded BIOS for it on techpowerup.com (user-Ketxxx)

Hi guys, anyone tried the ASUS P5Q-E?

It's a good bit cheaper than the P5Q deluxe, but the spec seems pretty similar. I'm considering one for myself, just wanted to know peoples thoughts on it.

cheers guys,

Andy

Just bought one today from Scan. Be a while before I have it installed and running.

Don't know whether to just swop it out or do a clean install. May go for a Vista/XP dual boot set-up. Don't know yet.

Regards

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

my p5q vanila board

cpu volts at 1.4

everything else is set to limit stock

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=388314

thats the best stable i have for the moment, i have been able to get it to run 3.2 but its just way too hot.

is it me or do these chipset run insanely hot? mine seems to always run at 40c, and thats the heatsink tempature! i fear what it really runs at....