My Ipod Went For A Wash!

qwerty

The other day I was using my old 1st gen ipod shuffle and left it in my pocket. The damn thing went through a whole washing cycle and in the dryer as well. Interestingly enough, I'm an anti-ipod guy, but this one ipod is the only one I've ever had and it simply has sentimental value to me (besides the fact that i can use it a a usb flash drive lol). It was given to me shortly after my performance in Carnegie hall in NYC only weeks after it came out. So I disassembled it, and I haven't turned it on at all. Its been about more than 24hours already...should I turn it on?

Well there's no doubt it's dry.

There won't be any harm in giving it a shot. If the static managed to sneak in (or the heat I suppose) and kill it already it won't make a difference. If not, it should work just fine.

Go for it if youre sure its dry. There could be moisture still under the various chips though. If you want to be extra cautious try packing it in a cup of rice can help dry it out. I guess the rice absorbs the moisture. You dont want to turn it on until your absolutely positive its dry or else its going to get screw it up.

Edited by SMeeD

lol, it works!

I pushed the battery test button and the led flickered a bit then turned on. I then switched the power on and it works nice an loud!

This reminds me of the 2005 hurricanes. I think it was the morning after Wilma hit that I went in my bike around the neighborhood to see the damage, and spotted a pile of trash. I saw a monitor there, so I looked around and found a pc there as well, so i took it. I took it apart and let the parts dry. after a while, I turned it on and it worked fine!

This reminds me of the 2005 hurricanes. I think it was the morning after Wilma hit that I went in my bike around the neighborhood to see the damage, and spotted a pile of trash. I saw a monitor there, so I looked around and found a pc there as well, so i took it. I took it apart and let the parts dry. after a while, I turned it on and it worked fine!

lol after wilma all i found was an f-86 sabre on the grass in the entrance to a park by my house. the plane was ontop of a pilar for quite a while then wilma came. havent seen it again lol.

back on topic. congrats it worked. atleast it went into the washer instead of something worse, like a toilet...

ive washed both my 512mb 1st gen ipod shuffle AND my 1st gen black 2gb ipod nano at the same time (in the same pants pocket). it killed my nano but my shuffle works fine.

what's there to break?