In Need Of A Good Mouse Pad

damian

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please educate me!

You are bouncing a light beam of a surface. What makes one mouse pad better than another. Please forgive my ignorance as I don't do any "real" gaming.

Yet again, this is probably one of those things where people put WAY too much stock in a peripheral. But I assume that's what you're implying here :)

I do happen to use a "special" pad, but it's not for performance reasons. I use a Ratpadz GS because my hands get very sweaty and any cloth pad I use gets pretty gross with extended use. The plastic ones are easy to keep clean. I picked the GS specifically because it was the best balance of size and price (I actually wanted small not large, unlike most folks. Some of those pads are freakin' ridiculous in size!)

I don't like using hard plastic because it's very uncomfortable to me, however almost all "gaming" mousepads are metal or plastic... Does anybody know of a good mousepad thats cloth/fabric that isn't over $25?

I don't like using hard plastic because it's very uncomfortable to me, however almost all "gaming" mousepads are metal or plastic... Does anybody know of a good mousepad thats cloth/fabric that isn't over $25?

The Razer Mantis is cloth , I got one off Amazon. com for under 19 bucks. They come in two styles, speen or control. Its very big . A good pad.

Thanks for all the replies i was originally going to order the pad that hardnrg recommended but while i was at QuakeCon one of the vendors was SteelSeries. They had a short to minute sale (yes 10 minutes only :P) and i managed to buy the last SteelSeries QcK+ (largest one of the series) mouse pad. It was only $10 and orginal price was about $15 or $20. Its really big and works ok with my mouse. Later on i will try to buy the one Hardnrg listed.

@orangejuice you should look into this one its pretty great and of cloth

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/su...qck/information

• 9 months later...