Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might bite the bullet and try to grab the game today, or tomorrow. Im still trying to decide whether to buy a PSU to get my AMD rig back on its feet, or blast some space bastages with you doods....im leaning towards to latter.

it's definitely fun if you got plenty of time to spare... I say do both...put the game on one rig and play with the other...that usually takes care of any boredom that should arise...

lol, if i had the money to do both, there wouldnt be anything to decide :P

I will be able to pick up the game cheaper than i would be able to get a PSU that will boot up the power hungry Ultra-D, so you might have another person joining your games this weekend :)

EDIT: Sins is on sale for $37. If i have time after work tonight, i will grab it. If not, tomorrow. Might take me a little while to get up to speed, but definetly sounds like a lot of fun. Looks like the AMD system will have to wait until next paycheck -_-

like we tell everyone, we'll help you learn the ropes (HINT dr_bowtie: RESEARCH LRM MISSILE FRIGATES RIGHT AWAY INSTEAD OF FOUR HOURS INTO THE GAME...)

Oh...! I'm sorry I never made the connection.....Thanks Mr. Obvious....you're a life saver....

Yep if you play with A_G he will bust your ball all the way through the game till you get it right...

Heck I have hard enough time to keep up with what I am trying to do, I have no idea how he kept up with his while harping at me and Reel (mostly me) on what to do and what not to do....again ;)

it's fun you'll like it...

Well 2 things happened. I bought Sins, and vowed not to buy from EB Games again. The way they sell their games is a joke. WTF happened to selling a retail game SEALED AS IT COMES?!?! What i picked off the shelf was an opened case, with a manual inside. Went to the counter and they fished out the disk in a sleeve with the serial code sticker that was stuck inside the case, removed from the case and stuck directly on the DVD. Best part is, when you buy a game, they ask if you wanna pay an extra $3 for a "no scratch warranty" which i highly doubt would be a problem on a retail game sealed from the factory that they didnt pull outta the case and fondle (yes, i have heard of a few cases where a mass majority of games were scratched. I think one was crysis) . I really shouldnt have bought it and gotten it elsewhere, but i didnt have the time. Anyways, no damage to the disk, which is all i really care about, so im gonna install it now, and ponder what im gonna say to whomever i call at EB Games about my experience.

Dont worry about scratching the disk...once you install the game you wont need it....runs all off the PC and not the disk...I like that part most...I HATE game that you must run off the CD/DVD so it wears out the disk...arggggg

Wow, im quite impressed. I wanted to at least get a basic feel for the GUI and other aspects before i jumped in an MP game, and im glad i did. You were right about it eating time though, rofl, i gotta get to bed. Tomorrow is friday though, and im really looking forward to a game!