Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

heh

man...I think I'm gonna review this for real yo. I played the . out of Beta 2 and Beta 3...think Galactic Civilizations (or Sid Meier's Civ 4 etc) combined with Supreme Commander (or Age of Empires or Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War etc).

Basically it's a 4x (turn-based strategy) that runs in real-time (RTS).

It's huge, it's customizable, it's deep, it's pretty, it's FREAKING AWESOME, and now it's being released!

If you get a chance to check it out, do it. I'm gonna get to doing a review this coming week to show you how awesome the game is!

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/ (Stardock / Iron Lore)

leaderboard_vasari.jpg

VENTRILO SERVER INFORMATION

Server: Diy-Street

Hostname: 216.139.210.154

Port Number: 4512

Password: games

Instructions for setting up Ventrilo:

vent_setup-1.jpg

vent_setup-2.jpg

vent_setup-3.jpg

vent_setup-4.jpg

vent_setup-5.jpg

vent_setup-6.jpg

vent_setup-7.jpg

Notice I uncheck all of the WAV binds, TTS (Text To Speech) stuff, etc. Those things are annoying as hell and will get you banned for spamming with them...better to not have them enabled in case some other jackass comes in and spams with that stuff.

You don't need a mic + Vent, but really...you'll be the only odd person out that won't be using it which means you'll have to type in the game which means you probably won't have as much fun or get as much info etc.

HAMACHI GAMING NETWORK INFORMATION

Network Name: Angry_Games

Network Password: games

UDP-TDP Ports: 6112 (see pic below for instructions)

Once you've installed Hamachi, go into Network Connections - Advanced - Advanced Settings and make sure you move the Hamachi adapter to the top of the list (some games will use the LAN IP of the first available adapter, so you want Hamachi to be the first).

Once you are on the network, hit the Configure Hamachi button, then choose preferences, then under Detailed Configuration (in the middle), put a check box next to TCP and UDP ports and set them for 6112. Port-forward your router/firewall accordingly for Port 6112 for both TCP and UDP.

hamachi_conn-1.jpg

Port-forward your router/firewall accordingly for Port 6112 for both TCP and UDP.

Next, remember that when hosting a game, other players will need to connect to your Hamachi IP address if they don't see the game automatically (as if they were on your LAN next to you...some games like RS Vegas and others will see all LAN games hosted, some, like Sins of a Solar Empire, you'll have to manually input the IP of the game you want to connect to).

To do this, make sure you know the IP address of the player who is hosting the game you wish to join.

You shouldn't need to do anything more than this. If you do, just ask here. I'm adding this to the first post for everyone.

Admin/Mod Edit: We have offered these services for your enjoyment as well as our own. Please DO NOT on any circumstance post links through Hamachi or Ventrilo chat or ask for Technical support. These services are purely for gaming and communicating ONLY. Any use beyond that will get you kicked/banned from either or both services! and may also get you Permanently banned from the forums...these services are for entertainment purposes and we cant be entertained with childish links and questions not pertaining to the task at hand...

PLEASE NOTE: we are getting a lot of "public" users who are finding their way onto our private Hamachi network because of google, etc.

As of today, I've changed the password. To get it, you must PM Angry_Games, ReelFiles, dr_bowtie, or wevsspot here at the forums.

This network is ONLY for DIY-Street users. If I don't recognize you, you ain't getting on. If you register just to get the password because you got our thread while googling, forget it.

This Hamachi network is only for DIY-Street regulars. If you wish to be a regular here, then you will be allowed to join the network.

Thank you,

Angry

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this today in Maximum PC magazine....

I have wondered how Stardock games do....I mean the Stardock place is only 40 minutes from my house....the game actually spiked my interest which is saying alot beings I dont game....lol

I think I want to dig a little more into this as now it's really sparked my interest and I really forgot abot Galactic civilizations....I wanted that game when it debuted....

I think I am going to head over to Stardock.com right now and look around...:)

EDIT: Here is a small video snippit of Sins of a Solar Empire on the Galactic site....

http://www.galciv2.com/

I think I need to find this game...now for finding it for sale and pricing....;)

I need to find it local....A search on the PC shows Amazon.com but locally it should be available somewhere...?

looks cool as hail....just not going to pay the 15.00 per month subscription for online....lol

I need to find it local....A search on the PC shows Amazon.com but locally it should be available somewhere...?

looks cool as hail....just not going to pay the 15.00 per month subscription for online....lol

???

what subscription...there's no subscription...this isn't an MMO...just do a digital download (it's $5 more than buying a disc, it can be downloaded again anytime, and the extra $5 is for the 'collector's edition' or something...well worth it), or get it on Steam...

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/store.aspx