Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

Just got 20 users Ventrilo server dedicated to the street for 51 a year...

all I gotta do know is con the boss into helping me set it up....I mean....I should rephrase that...get him to set it up....correctly...

As I am a big dumbass when it comes to that....

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ventrilo info

Server: Diy-Street

Hostname: 216.139.210.154

Port Number: 4512

try that....;) see you there

if you have Ventrilo just edit your server to add Diy-Street...

Be on the up and up on this as it is a luxury and any abuse will get you permanently banned from the street...enjoy

hold on I will post it....should just be able to edit the server?

re-read post above you....

EDIT: I told you all I was a big dumbass...I took this on and tried to do it myself and help the boss out by taking on what I can when i can....may not work but try it out...I am on...I may not talk to you but if you see me it works....game on street'rs

typefrag was a hosting company that a few of my e-friends used at one point in time. They seem to have reasonable rates. 15 users for $91year or 25 users for $122year. They have a limited time offer on now for 50% off if you order on a yearly cycle.

EDIT: UGT is another

ouch man that's expensive compared to all the ones we were looking at...mostly $45-$60 per year for 15-20 slots

by the way, EVERYONE should thank dr_bowtie for snagging this 20-slot server for one year with his own cash.

It works, and it works like a charm, so THANK YOU dr_bowtie ya bastard.

As he said, be on the uppity-up on this server as we don't tolerate tomfoolery on it anymore than we do here...

heh

man...I think I'm gonna review this for real yo. I played the . out of Beta 2 and Beta 3...think Galactic Civilizations (or Sid Meier's Civ 4 etc) combined with Supreme Commander (or Age of Empires or Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War etc).

Basically it's a 4x (turn-based strategy) that runs in real-time (RTS).

It's huge, it's customizable, it's deep, it's pretty, it's FREAKING AWESOME, and now it's being released!

If you get a chance to check it out, do it. I'm gonna get to doing a review this coming week to show you how awesome the game is!

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/ (Stardock / Iron Lore)

leaderboard_vasari.jpg

Hamachi

Network Name: Angry_Games

Network Pass: games

UDP-TDP Ports: 32804

Once you've installed Hamachi, go into Network Connections - Advanced - Advanced Settings and make sure you move the Hamachi adapter to the top of the list (some games will use the LAN IP of the first available adapter, so you want Hamachi to be the first).

Once you are on the network, hit the Configure Hamachi button, then choose preferences, then under Detailed Configuration (in the middle), put a check box next to TCP and UDP ports and set them for 32804. Port-forward your router/firewall accordingly for Port 32804 for both TCP and UDP.

Next, remember that when hosting a game, other players will need to connect to your Hamachi IP address if they don't see the game automatically (as if they were on your LAN next to you...some games like RS Vegas and others will see all LAN games hosted, some, like Sins of a Solar Empire, you'll have to manually input the IP of the game you want to connect to).

To do this, make sure you know the Network's IP address: 5.11.237.165

You shouldn't need to do anything more than this. If you do, just ask here. I'm adding this to the first post for everyone.

VENTRILO SERVER INFORMATION

Server: Diy-Street

Hostname: 216.139.210.154

Port Number: 4512

You don't need a mic + Vent, but really...you'll be the only odd person out that won't be using it which means you'll have to type in the game which means you probably won't have as much fun or get as much info etc.

ouch man that's expensive compared to all the ones we were looking at...mostly $45-$60 per year for 15-20 slots

Yea, i shoulda linked to the homepage instead cause those were the reg ratesnot the promo ones, but either way it would have been more than what the doc has graced us with :)

Thanks Doc

lol build up planet defenses + research stuff that makes your planets/population less vulnerable

I have typically about 8 defense hangars + lots of defense frigs + 1 defensive cap ship around a planet and usually I can make the enemy turn tail and run before they can destroy the entire planet infrastructure, but even then sometimes I can't...so I just re-colonize it (the good thing is you already have all your factories, hangars, etc still there!)

with a defensive cap ship you cant colonize that many planets. though the enemy seems to aim the attacks mainly at terran planets, when there is shortage of those ice and lava planets work as well.....id need a huge amount of cap ships to support that! i thought my 4 were a lot :eek2:

with a defensive cap ship you cant colonize that many planets. though the enemy seems to aim the attacks mainly at terran planets, when there is shortage of those ice and lava planets work as well.....id need a huge amount of cap ships to support that! i thought my 4 were a lot :eek2:

nah you can cap as many planets are in the game with defensive cap ships hanging out at some planets. The trick is to build up your defenses and spread out your tactical slots evenly like:

3 defensive hangars

3 repair transmitters

2 jump drive inhibitors

the rest of slots go to gauss guns and i research gauss tech

ok got to bail for food back in a bit