Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

PLEASE NOTE: we are getting a lot of "public" users who are finding their way onto our private Hamachi network because of google, etc.

As of today, I've changed the password. To get it, you must PM me here at these forums.

This network is ONLY for DIY-Street users. If I don't recognize you, you ain't getting on. If you register just to get the password because you got our thread while googling, forget it.

This Hamachi network is only for DIY-Street regulars. If you wish to be a regular here, then you will be allowed to join the network.

Thank you,

Angry

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there also a guide out there about how to connect on Vista? I'm having problems connecting and this is due to Vista's completely different setup. All help is appreciated.

Robs

I've played Stardock games for some time and got GalCivII because I enjoy playing Master of Orion II so much. I see NewEgg is offering Sins of a Solar Empire for $37 but from everything I've read this is a LAN game only. Is there no Single Player mode that would allow you to play on your local system against the AI?

As there's no single player "campaign" - its either against the AI or your Street friends on Hamachi. No other options ;) But yes, you can play on your own machine against as many AI as you think you can handle. There's a new patch 1.03 coming which (theoretically) should make it better to do so. Its more fun as a LAN game - you can watch Angry dominate the galaxy or an uncontrolled fleet by a dropped player singlehandedly wipe out pirate bases.

if it becomes a problem we sure will....I rather enjoy talking to people in there who are regulars here like my BEST FRIEND ReelFiles..... and most of you...It's easier for me to talk than type and alot faster too...

I usually have stuff I need to discuss with A_G (like how NOT to get my arse kicked all over the map)...BUT if it becomes problematic it will be locked down so you'll have to PM for the password just like Hamachi....

Last thing we need is people comming in and blowing off at the mouth and taking away from the experience of the game....thats the sole purpose of getting our own servers to have...;) we'll let A_G make the say as he plays more than I do....

As there's no single player "campaign" - its either against the AI or your Street friends on Hamachi. ...

I wasn't necessarily looking for SP campaigns, just the ability to play solo against the AI(s) on my own machine without being required to do so on the Internet.

From the impression I get from your post, what I want to be able to do is possible.

From the impression I get from your post, what I want to be able to do is possible.

Yes, it most definetly is.

I ran through the 4 tutorials last night then fired up a 1vs1 against AI. Definetly a blast!

yep you can play single player against AI...there's just no 'campaign' which sucks but I have a feeling that an expansion will come and it will be included as it is the biggest complaint I see at their forums.

I'm ready to friggin DOMINATE once again...you all need those two maps I made because a 5vs5 game is going to ROCK on 72 planets (or if we are brave, 126 planets but I think that's just a little too big until patch 1.03 comes as I don't want us to have to friggin chase a mofo all over the galaxy)

I should be home at about 7pm PST. Gotta register my key to get the patches then i should be good to go. Man...this day is going soooooooooooo slow, lol

Hot Dam, that was a freakin blast!

4vs4 against AI until Reel Dropped, then 3vs4 and we rocked em on Angry's monstrosity of a map (and im only talking about the 72 planet one).

I never blindly buy games. I always try them out first if i can because lots of the games that look cool, are simply...... Boy am i glad i picked this up. As said earlier in the thread though, BEWARE!!! THIS GAME WILL EAT YOUR LIFE !! rofl. 3 MP games for me today, first ~2.5hrs, second ~ 3.5hrs, third ~3.5hours....yea, i didnt get much done today...

Except taking over the galaxy !!!! muahahaha