Sapphire Or Asus?

Vampire

I am wondering which card you guys think is better? I really have no idea but in the past 6 months I have been hearing nothing but good things about ASUS.

I have found the sapphire one at a cheap cost and I am currently aiming to get that but I am open to suggestions.

I would personally go with the Sapphire. The Asus comes under-volted so it won't OC as well as the other brands. The only differnce in the ASUS and Sapphire is that the ASUS comes with a Video-In capability. If you aren't gonna OC it and want the Video-In, then go with the ASUS. Otherwise, I'd go Sapphire or Hercules.

BTW: My Sapphire 9800XT is a great card and outperforms the ASUS. It OCs so much better it's not funny.

Remember that Asus is running trials with ATI right now to see if they how well their Radeon cards will sell. If Asus puts the signature on the dotted line for ATI when the Nvidia contract is due to renewal, bye bye Nvidia. Another loss for the big N. An added benefit of going with an Asus card is the availability of Video-In, which ATI does not provide on their own cards.

yeah, im getting a sapphire 9700pro ultimate for christmas ......i am going with sapphire also.

btw, i will never buy another asus video card again...ever. i had a geforce4 mx420, the performance wasnt the problem, it was always causing my pc troubles...would just randomly shut off. i would have to unplug pc, unsteat vidcard, turn pc on, turn back off, then reseat for it to work....would happen very week or more, wheni would use a different card, the problems quit. i also got the blue screen with it a few time also. i have heard from other people that they dont make good cards the only thing i want from asus now is the a7n8x deluxe.

One video card that was a dud, happens to everyone. That does not mean that they make bad video cards. You want a bad video card manufacturer? Try Creative when they were making video cards, ick...

That does not mean that they make bad video cards.

No it doesn't, but ASUS' ATi Powered cards aren't performing like the competition right now. Why pay more for a card that does less? I'd rather save the bucks and buy a tried and true Sapphire that will meet and exceed my expectations :D

EDIT: You probaly noticed in my old siq that I had a ASUS 9800XT, well I did for about 1 1/2 weeks. It didn't perform any better than my spare 9800pro I had laying around. In some cases it even performed worse. I took it back for another one thinking it was dud, the second one did the same thing. I now have a Sapphire that is all I wanted it to be...7219 on 3DMark03 w/ stock clock on the video card.

Edited by Nuclear