Better For Gaimng?

Xtreme21

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

you tried taking any amd to 3"Ghz" on air cooling . YOUR crapING CRAZY I WOULDnt DO THAT TO A 3200+ unless your talking takeing a 2500+ to 3000+ cause if its clocked at 3ghz that like a 4000+

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz

I definately don't think that is possible on air. I'd need to see proof of it. I've got an SLK-900A with fans all over the place on my NF7-S 2.0 and mine maxed out at 2.56ghz with 410fsb and a mult. of 12.5. It was pretty hot and it ran fine until I ran prime95. It just isn't stable when running intensive prog.s so I set things back to 2.41ghz with 400fsb at a mult. of 12. If you had LN cooling or something then i'd believe it. Post some pictures of it if you can get it there again.

What would an 2500 @ 2.56ghz be equivalent to with a P4 ? How about a 2.41? I know mine running at 2.41 smeared my cousin's p4 2.53. lol

oh heck no it wont blow a p4 away. my 2.4C @ 3.6C 300fsb and that on air or anyone else that has this cpu at this rate will blow it away.I have 300 fsb on air. AIR!!!!. not water or vapor and I am running a v7+ which "technically" is not good enough for a cpu running that fast. and temps are less than 40 full load. i mean come on. AMD has a nice cpu but they can't beat a p4 "c" series chip. "a" yes. "b" even with. "c" heck no.

oh heck no it wont blow a p4 away.  my 2.4C @ 3.6C 300fsb and that on air or anyone else that has this cpu at this rate will blow it away.I have 300 fsb on air.  AIR!!!!.  not water or vapor and I am running a v7+ which "technically"  is not good enough for a cpu running that fast.  and temps are less than 40 full load.  i mean come on. AMD has a nice cpu but they can't beat a p4 "c" series chip.  "a" yes.  "b" even with.  "c" heck no.

ahh yea it will with out a doubt.. a 3000ghz amd? yes it will rock your 3.6ghz without a sweat.

but the point of what im saying is not that he ran his cpu at 3000ghz on air.. he cant do that.. even with 2.2v (the instant death rate for AMDs), it just cant be done on air..

Edited by C0DE

ahh yea it will with out a doubt.. a 3000ghz amd? yes it will rock your 3.6ghz without a sweat.

I think so too. According to the Universal AMD tool, which for those who don't know gives the ratings for amd cpu's at non-standard speeds, a barton at 222 x 13.5 = 2997 Mhz is a 5100+ rating. Now nobody jump all over me...as thread after thread after thread continues to show, both the athlon and the p4 are respectable chips. If overclocked all to hell, they're ALL going to be fast as heck. Also, although a barton at 3ghz would kill any p4 imaginable, I don't think anyone has or will hit those speeds, or at least not so that they can actually run their comp for extended periods of time. (we all know that just being able to POST doesn't count) We could just as easily say that a p4 at 6Ghz would kill any AMD...

Dudes there was a typo the multi i got 2 was 14 so i got this to post but not boot to the OS.... 14x203= 2842MHZ and i didnt mean exactly 3Ghz but i also had a modded TT 12+ that had 90 somthing MAX airflow with an extended heatsink that my friend made...