Discussion of cabling practices

Angry_Games

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, If anyone wants to give up a continuous 50' of CAT5e or CAT6 cable, the best price I found online was $11.50/$14.80 + $7.90shipping. ($19.40/$22.70 total) respectively. If you can beat that price, I'll pay ya!

You guys really burn through cabling...I thought running a few around the living room was good. I can't wait to own v.s. rent, that place is getting fully networked/coaxed with dedicated conduits from a centralized point for easy pulls.

Well, If anyone wants to give up a continuous 50' of CAT5e or CAT6 cable, the best price I found online was $11.50/$14.80 + $7.90shipping. ($19.40/$22.70 total) respectively. If you can beat that price, I'll pay ya!

You guys really burn through cabling...I thought running a few around the living room was good. I can't wait to own v.s. rent, that place is getting fully networked/coaxed with dedicated conduits from a centralized point for easy pulls.

I will see what I can find, I probably have that.

And to reels, hush if you want money. I am working on it.

While zip-tying extra cable into a loop is neater than spaghetti, the best is to have the exact length. ;)

yep, I let them stay free until all lines are connected at their proper points then go back and zip them up every 12"-24" depending on how easy the access is to them.

Nothing worse than tying while going along only to find out one cable is 4" to short to plug in somewhere and now you have to go remove 32 zip ties and start over lol.

if sparky can't find you a 50' length I'll cut you a 50-100' length and cap both ends for you and ship it to you only for the cost of shipping (probably $8.95 usps flat rate box). I've got over 1000' feet left on a couple spools

Ok this is the central point: Phone (2 lines, one is comcast digital voice), cable (HDTV, and antenna), and the network (plus the water lines, and one of 3 furnance/AC units).

1116071758a.jpg

you should take up fishing it looks like one of them big drag nets

so I looked last night, I had a nice 60 foot cable, and whats right in the middle... A nice big gash in the line. I haven't looked at our spools to see if I have a box that has about 100ft left, but I will look tonight for sure and see.

as for my network, i have cleaned it up some