Discussion of cabling practices

Angry_Games

you know, it's funny

sooooooooooo many users cried for a Networking section and now that there has been one for a couple of weeks, I see a total of TWO posts in it, and one of them is from today or last night, and the other is one that I just moved there when I created it that came out of another section...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, it's funny

sooooooooooo many users cried for a Networking section and now that there has been one for a couple of weeks, I see a total of TWO posts in it, and one of them is from today or last night, and the other is one that I just moved there when I created it that came out of another section...

well if you stop complaining I can work on a few posts of networking information and some basic things people should know.

I will have a few things to post in there, I am just finshing up on my laptop upgrade first. Im hoping to get some help there with setting up a file/printer/media server. I am willing to try making the whole server setup into a guide for others. I never did one, so it some thing new for me to learn. This is one thing I think people would like to know, seeing how were holding onto more and more old computers.

I could make a movie on the basics of making a cable. That seems like a very important networking thing. I should clean up my network/phone/tv stuff up anyways, its a mess.

That would be awsome! I have about 600ft of cat6 with no connectors on them. I would need to get a crimper tho. :confused:

haha looks like you guys need the networking section.

I will work on some stuff for it, but I must go back to my project (A nice non pc diy (kinda non pc) project I will post up when I have more progress)

haha looks like you guys need the networking section.

I will work on some stuff for it, but I must go back to my project (A nice non pc diy (kinda non pc) project I will post up when I have more progress)

On topic with this, I think it would be great to have a tutorial on setting up a file server....I am thinking something that can just be turned on and added to your home network...the rig doesn't need a monitor, just the ability to store massive amounts of stuff...movies, music, etc. That way, any computer on your home network can have access to the material.