Dumb question

ButchGod

One thing i don't like about google, as good as it is, and i do use it pretty much exclusivly, as that is stores a lot of your searches to "tailor down" your surfing habits, so it can search for the most relevant things you are loooking for. I hear there's an option to erase that history, but i haven't found it yet.

I googled myself and came up with tons of stuff. But that was to be expected from such a short, popular word as jaz.

• 11 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a hint, use google and type "82mm in inches" and it'll figure it out for you. You can also do this with currencies. inches to miles, mm to miles grams to ounces, all sorts... shoot, you can even ask it what 1 + 1 is...

Here's what it returned for me:

82 millimeters = 3.22834646 inches

92 millimeters = 3.62204724 inches

theres a not so simple, not so quick reply :-P

As accurate as it may be, I haven't really seen anyone here in US using decimals for inches... So I'd say, try this 

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/length/mm-to-inch.html

so 82 mm is approx 3 15/64"

92 mm is approx 3 5/8"

It also gives the math behind the conversion

PS: I am a project manager so I have to deal with this sh*t on a daily basis... And as much as my US friends are trying to convince me that Imperial system has some breath in it, aside from converting the whole building industry from it I dont see any reason why it shouldn't be abolished. Think about the confusion, have you ever bothered to look up a definition of a "ton"? To me, as a person born in Europe, a metric ton (tonne) is always 1000kg, period. I had no Idea other tons existed, but yeah, there is like a cluster*ck of FIVE of them (two are obsolete methinks). Plus its funny to watch them to try and convert lets say 13 short tons into ounces while I do 13 metric into grams... Never lost that one.

Edited by That_Guy

Hey at lest the Kilogram is now not some metal ball (bell) anymore :)

Makes me think of a joke when professor asks student what is 1 horsepower.

Student: Its a force developed by a horse that is 1 meter tall and weighs 1 kilogram. 

Professor: Where, in the world, can I see such a horse?!

Student: *shrugs* well, probably in Pavillon De Breteuil in France where they store all the prototypes...  :doh:  :haha:

Edited by That_Guy

What's the inch measurement of 88mm,92mm

Whatever search you use you can do things like

in vs mm, miles vs meters, qt vs liter, lbs vs grams, etc

Usually gives you the ability to key in what you want.

Merry Christmas