What are you guys doing in the summer

Yes I am kinda between the enemy lines.I'm going 19.I'm about to finish.Don't get me wrong I enjoy working where I work just that I don't think life is only to work.Life is to do all kind of stuff and have fun 2.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am kinda between the enemy lines.I'm going 19.I'm about to finish.Don't get me wrong I enjoy working where I work just that I don't think life is only to work.Life is to do all kind of stuff and have fun 2.
Yeah. I'm 17 and I've found that being an intern for two years in a row has opened up more doors than I could have anticipated.

In my opinion it's worth working your butt off for a while until you start making good money, get a good relationship, etc.

Yeah it really helps to know your thing and be in good social relations with your co-workers.It makes work fun.It also helps if you work in a domain you enjoy and don't just look for the best payed one but also for the one that makes you feel like wakeing up the next day and say: "Ok now let's get ready for work" instead of: "Darn I gotta go to work, I'll just call in sick".

Yeah it really helps to know your thing and be in good social relations with your co-workers.It makes work fun.It also helps if you work in a domain you enjoy and don't just look for the best payed one but also for the one that makes you feel like wakeing up the next day and say: "Ok now let's get ready for work" instead of: "Darn I gotta go to work, I'll just call in sick".
QFT

I love where I work but only because of the people and environment... the pay is extra incentive, though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

just as an update i am typing from the pc in the scientific center where i am volunteering in. i am in the IT department helping and i will work here for a month. i cancelled the trip to dubai with my friends as some things got in the way.

now can you guys give us an update on your summer and how is it going.

Took a class in Pro/E in the first half of the summer semester; but the second half (advanced) got canceled because the instructor can't make it to the US.

Currently finalizing my plans for my new custom PC case; as well as doing some more cabling in my house since I'm going to get a networked color laser printer.

Personally...

I dont think it matters how you get married...what matters most is the 2 people getting married and their feelings towards the commitment involved...

I got married in front of the judge also...for my own reasons but, too many times now a days people hide behind marriage as a security blanket...they think they can run around and do what ever they please and anyone they please and still come home to a safe confines...

The only ones who will make it the long term are the ones who take the Vows serious and general want to spend the rest of their life with the one they are with and no one else...;)

As for the Summer...we have been doing alot of out-doors camping on the weekends...tents and air mattresses...

now can you guys give us an update on your summer and how is it going.

My chair is starting to get a little worn. Other than that little setback my summer is proceeding along quite smoothly.:)