What are you guys doing in the summer

ps momma and I will most likely be getting married this summer as she'll be working for the state as a school teacher and I gots to get me some insurance!

Congratulations to you two!

Who proposed to who?

My wife proposed to me. We were dating and decided to have one of those long weekends together at a little boujua called the Inn of the Dove. It was so romantic, big round bed, hot tub and giant shower.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambition is going to get the better part of you Dan. Hehehehe :rolleyes:

Honestly I'm probably going to be enlisting shortly as I'm not happy at all with my current situation.

(debts, Iowa, friends, my MatE degree, many, many other things)

So unless some idiot offers me a job I'm not qualified at all for (and pays rediculous sums of money...and located in Canada) I'm going Air Force and hoping the change will help me find something I'd like to do for at least a few years. My problem is that I like doing lots of things as a hobby, but I'd hate doing them for a living. I can't think of one thing that I'd actually like to do every day besides sit and do nothing.

Ambition can go **** itself, it's no wonder there are so many alcoholics.

Honestly I'm probably going to be enlisting shortly as I'm not happy at all with my current situation.

If you do enlist what job would you want to get?

(debts, Iowa, friends, my MatE degree, many, many other things)

So unless some idiot offers me a job I'm not qualified at all for (and pays rediculous sums of money...and located in Canada) I'm going Air Force and hoping the change will help me find something I'd like to do for at least a few years. My problem is that I like doing lots of things as a hobby, but I'd hate doing them for a living. I can't think of one thing that I'd actually like to do every day besides sit and do nothing.

Ambition can go **** itself, it's no wonder there are so many alcoholics.

go were the full moon don't glow red, Were the water runs clear. and the winds smells Sweet. There you will clear your head

If you do enlist what job would you want to get?

Beats me. The more I think about it I'd rather go to Iraq (or some other "conflict" zone) so I could actually do something...so Air Forrce probably isn't the best choice.

I aced their crappy little test though, so at least I can choose whatever I want. In all reality I'll probably apply for officer school and try to get something at least slightly related to my major.

A huge reason I'm thinking of doing this is because my dad was laid off after 26 years of working at the same place. Now he's 50+ and of course not too many companies are interested in getting him over a nice, cheap, college grad. Sickens me, and I don't want that . to happen to me before I'm ready to retire.

A military background might also help in my plans for world domination...

Beats me. The more I think about it I'd rather go to Iraq (or some other "conflict" zone) so I could actually do something...so Air Forrce probably isn't the best choice.

I aced their crappy little test though, so at least I can choose whatever I want. In all reality I'll probably apply for officer school and try to get something at least slightly related to my major.

A huge reason I'm thinking of doing this is because my dad was laid off after 26 years of working at the same place. Now he's 50+ and of course not too many companies are interested in getting him over a nice, cheap, college grad. Sickens me, and I don't want that . to happen to me before I'm ready to retire.

A military background might also help in my plans for world domination...

lol.............

I guess I'm not the only one here that will divide his summer between wasting time and working.As for marriage...why do you get married in front of a judge if your not gonna do a religious ceremony?Simply forget about marriage.If you get all that beef in it you still got to divorce wherever you did it in front of the judge or that chating man what you call him....If your getting married do it all the way. But if it holds why not have a colourfull memory.I rather have that then have the memory I saved some green paper.

Church weddings nowadays are the kiss of death for a marriage. After a perfect wedding the wife realizes that life isn't all that wonderful and perfect like the special day she dreamed about since she was a girl, and the guy gets into so much debt trying to keep the fairytale alive for her that a divorce is only a year or two away.

With a courthouse marriage you have 2 people that make a contract with each other with no sword of doom hanging over there heads or debt for that matter and life is pretty much the same after, with added bonus of commitment and a last name to give your kids.

Go for it AG, I did the courthouse too and I don't regret it one bit. I told the wife if we are still married in 20 years and we have saved a ton of money I'll give her the white wedding she has dreamed of, but im not putting myself and my kids in a world of debt for one day no matter how important it is to her.

Anyway back to the original question what am I going to do this summer?

I'm getting a Divorce ............... joke :D

I can't believe I didn't post yet.

Working most weekdays (11/hr)

Hanging with friends

LAN parties (friend just got a whole cisco network for free)

Golf, paintball (maybe)

New computers

Get my CNC router up and running

Make a new friend, BS like that

Angry I say go for it with the wedding. Nothing wrong with doing it that way.