4GHZ club?

Should the Intel OC section have a 4GGGG club since that seems to be rather hard to reach with the C2Ds without overheating...or maybe even a 3.8 or 3.9 club. Just a thought :)

Should the Intel OC section have a 4GGGG club since that seems to be rather hard to reach with the C2Ds without overheating...or maybe even a 3.8 or 3.9 club. Just a thought :)

I think once we see some people pulling 4G's maybe then....but at the moment I'm not sure many are OCDB stable past 3.9 or so without exotic cooling. I'm sure in a few months we'll be seeing something along those lines though. :)

I would like to see it in time as it would be something to aim at like the AMD 3GHZ Club that thread set the benchmark that everyone aspired to.

At the moment there are only 2 4GHZ + entry’s in the OCDB so it would be a poor club but I am sure it will come soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone and we have a few of these people aboard could probably turn 4GHZ with the X6800 and cooled by a couple of 320Watt Pelts. I burnt out two Infinity 975X boards and an X6800 at 3.8 GHZ and only completed 2 hours of Orthos. My, this is very challenging. I may try something soon. I'm using my left hand on the keyboard and I'm back at the Gym working on my Bench Press. My shoulders and back are sore but it feels real good. My left hand isn't shaking and my cane is hanging in the closet.