Welcome to Donation Street

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they say. Good things come to those that pay.

Good job on your first entry. All I have left to do is run 3d05 and 06 to finish up another GGG club entry, I guess I should download them and get to it..

Love this street.

Avatar ey? Hmm.... need some image that's special. ;) (That t-shirt image may be too much :P)

I dunno why but I think this one would be good for you (have to resize a little)

Yeah it is, now I don't have to dump all my PMs weekly :D

What's this I hear about picking our own avatars, now? I don't see that option in my control panel.

Cool, now I can post somewhere my wife can't see, lol jk... or am I?

Here's how it works

i see you boys have made a section already for discussing avatars, and a clean one where you only post the avatar that you want. That's perfect (you guys are starting to think like me...scary stuff)

when you post in the avatar-only thread, I will fix the avatar up for you. Please try to find one that you will enjoy for at least 6 months so I don't have to keep changing it.

The avatar function will remain disabled except for admin control. This will more or less signify that donators get custom avatars and some other perks. Non-donators will eventually have a choice of standard avatars (we got to make some i guess). Even then, every donator will still have their own avatar, so hopefully that is a little special feeling ;)

Avatars must be 150x150 or smaller.

Avatars must be 20kb or smaller. Please try to use as low file size as possible. I'm not worried about bandwidth so much (because once they load, they are cached in your browser while you are at the site) as I am allowing pages to load quickly.

This is why the 650x200 @ 50kb or less sig rule is still in effect. It isn't to be some butthole. It is to keep pages loading quickly. 20 posts in a page and everyone is averaging 50kb or less on a sig means the pages can still take a little to load. Imagine if all 20 had sigs that had 200kb or so sigs each =/ (sigs cache too, but on each page might be a shitload of different sigs and that isn't really the point anyway lol)

PM's: 75 limit. I doubt a bunch of us having 75 pm limits will tax the server too much. If everyone did though, this server would maybe not be so great anymore (especially with the projected increase in traffic as time goes on and we become popular because we do things differently here)

Rules: everyone here is still subject to the site rules. You should know by now that we mods and admins always try to stay within the rules also to set good examples.

Sometimes I have to break a rule, but I guess that's what I get for being the king right?

Speaking of, I bet you'll see a lot nicer personality from me. I'll still be an angry prick that rants on, but no more sig nazi (as long as it is within the rules), no more smacking a mofo down on certain things. Since I am no longer a support guy, my job isn't to support a company or customers, so I don't have to have this ultra strict set of policies like must have a sig and blah blah blah.

This is your forum too. You've donated money or time or both. You must like it here, and you must like the way things are run here or you'd not have donated to help keep it going. Hopefully this means you will all be the best citizens and help new members, be friendly to all members, set good examples, and help us enforce the rules.

This doesn't mean we want you to go around telling a mofo YOU BREAKING A RULE MORON...DID YOUR MOM DROP YOU ON YOUR HEAD A LOT???

If you see a rule being broken, just pm your mod of choice (you all got buddies in the mod crew I'm sure), or just use the REPORT THIS POST button in the person's post.

Mostly set a good example.

I wouldn't consider reporting a post or poster tattling at all. If we all lived in a subdivision in a city, and some dude was throwing rocks at windows in cars and houses, you'd want to report him to the police right? If another dude decided to park his triple-tractor trailer big rig on our street and blocked a bunch of driveways, you'd want to report that too right? (as opposed to either not bitching about it even though you have to drive over your own lawn to get around it, or draggin the driver out and beating his butt with a tire iron right there in the street...though that is a killer idea sometimes lol)

Don't go flaming, just let us take care of it. You gonna meet a lot of jerks. That's what the internet is. A shitload of people, all different, and lots of opinions, and lots of personality types.

If a guy posts something that is a blatant lie, don't just tell him he's so ******* stupid that it's amazing he's still alive. Prove him wrong with hard facts/proof but do it the right way. Stuff like that.

These aren't things you HAVE to do either. I just sorta figured that you guys liked the place this much that you want it to stay what you (and we) consider the best forum on the planet. I guess i just want to see all of my best members (you guys, and of course the moderators, which I already considered my best members lol) enjoy the place and make it home.

ok well that is my speech. I've run out of directives. Hopefully all of you contract a 3-day case of sever anal itch, so bad you got to really dig at the crack even during work, like a meeting, and everyone just stares at you like you and talks smack about you for months after ;)

ps

let's try to keep things that go on in here, IN HERE.

we aren't going to go ranking out anyone of our own members or hopefully other members of other forums. True dumbasses I suppose we can rag a little (if warranted) but I'd really like to not have anyone carrying on about, for example, the new DFI forum, or any members over there.

I ain't got time to worry about what DFI is doing. I don't really care what they might say about me or this forum. I don't really care what anyone at any other forum says either. I post at Abit forums and they are cool, and that sets a good example hopefully that we aren't jerks over here (though you can't change anyone's mind that is already got his mind set).

But this place is private as a sort of 'real party at the party' ie out in the forum they got cheap booze and a sleazy stripper, but in here in the VIP club, we got the best booze and the best high dollar call girls.

Not really though, but you know, if you sorta treat it that way, then it stays sorta special.

Plus i got a bunch of . in a box to give away that is probably totally useless to you but its something until we get going and can begin giving away the hardware that we've finished reviewing etc.

I gots to give away stuff to everyone in the main forum too, but once in a while something special will come along (like one of our used AM2 or Core2 cpu's or a video card or something) that we'll give away only to you guys.

oops, that was another speech. STFU ANGRY_NOOB!!!!111

Open bar at my place although I'm taking it a bit easy tonight. I dove into some no-label plastic jugged tequila my dad brought back from mexico and things got kind of weird. All of my Linux partitions dissapeared on my main rig and my socket A rig ended up with a partial Gentoo stage1 install.

I have to find a new group of women to date I guess. The 2 I date now are starting to realise that they won't be able to mold me into a good husband.

If a guy posts something that is a blatant lie, don't just tell him he's so ******* stupid that it's amazing he's still alive. Prove him wrong with hard facts/proof but do it the right way. Stuff like that.

You mean like the Polaroid of the Mig-29 @2m inverted? That'll shut her up :)