• Mushkin
    • OCZ
    • Patriot
    • Other, please explain

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using PQI turbo after the Patriot PC4000s I bought from Fry's couldn't pass memtest at 200mhz, and wouldn't you know they were the only ones they had. Didn't have any other PC4000 or Cas 2 PC3200 so I grabbed the PQI and have run it at 250mhz but got a few errors in memtest. Only good for about 240mhz, but that's better than my Cas 2 HyperX sticks can do, lol. Just have rebuilt this pc with the DFI board and was praying the PQI would work after reading the horror stories about how finicky the DFI's are about memory. No problems though, and with all the dividers DFI uses (other mobo manufacturer's need to step up too) I'll be able to get the most out of my 170 OC as well as running the ram at optimum.

Guest RohypnoL

GeIL TCCD and Team Extreem BH-5

Had my GeIL to DDR690 3-4-4-10-1T 3.3v.

Had my Team 2-2-2-5-1T @ 270 3.65v.

Those PC4800 Hermes I got so far are a mixed review, only because I stuck them in my Infinity board to start. So far, I can't get them to clear POST @>275MHz in the Infinity. I stuck them in my Expert board, though, and with minimal tweaking I had them at 310MHz 1:1 (2.5-3-3-7). I'm getting wimpy on cranking the temp up on my Opty, though, so I had to back it down to 300MHz so I could drop the VID a little. Anyways, I've got an Everest screen shot with 7699MB/s read speed, I was pretty happy with it. I mainly stuck it in the Expert so I could get an idea of how to adjust the minimal settings on the Infinity. It looks like the Read Preamble and Max Async Latency need to be a little looser than the Cronus sticks I've got, but that makes sense since they're running 40+MHz faster. Anyways, again I'll say my experience with Team so far will always make me consider their stuff first, especially since it's about 60% of the cost of OCZ, GSkill and the others right now.

In my book there's no such thing as a nice heatspreader.

If it wasn't for the manufacturers pasting that pesky "Warrant Void if removed' stickers over the clips mine would be runnin nekid.

Yep, my "heatspreaders" sure as hell spread heat very well.. it just didn't know how to get rid of that heat :D

Useless heatspreaders.. aesthetic pieces of ..

I wanted to buy some Cellshock after reading about it, but I didn't know where.