• Mushkin
    • OCZ
    • Patriot
    • Other, please explain

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh...how could I forget G. Skill? It's what I'm using right now!

Hahahahaha..... Thats hilarious :shake: How could you forget the ram you are currently using?

My vote goes to TeamGroup & G.Skill. I like them both.

But I will say that I really appreciate OCZ's support forums...

OCZ for me

14 sets 0 RMA.

Loads of OCZ users to share information with.

Awesome performance.

I have used others & been equally impressed with performance but OCZ not only do the biz they look it too.

If I had to have a no 2 & 3 choice it would be Mushkin then G.Skill

I say OCZ because their customer support is top notch just like their products! I see no reason to change memory preference for my builds because I get everything that I could possibly want from dealing with OCZ and when you are building and selling systems you need that kind of foundation with products as well as the companys that are supplying them.

How has your TeamGroup performed for you? Numbers?

I am currently OCing with it right now, It's a 2x512 set of TCCD rated for 2.5-3-3-7 and at the rated timings it does 250mHz just fine... Right now I am priming them with my old 170 at 240x10 @ 1.2v 1:1. 5 hours in now... Once I settle in on my 24/7 OC I'll really push the ram and let you know how it does.

How has your TeamGroup performed for you? Numbers?

Like I said, it's been to 275MHz stable, but unfortunately not at 1:1 or at max OC on the 165. However, at 262MHz that it's running right now, it usually does about 7250MB/s read on Everest, 2950ish MB/s write, and latency around 36-37ns. It's actually been quite good, and now the learning curve isn't as steep, since nobody on the board really had any experience with Team. I'm definitely no expert, but I'd be happy to share my experiences and timings so far.