7800Gt not supported for BF2!?!?!?!?!

kbruno

So I finally installed BF2 on this computer and when I tried running it it flickers at a blank screen and then quits to Desktop. I read some forums about it and all i could get out of them was that my card wasnt on the supported list and thats why it wasnt working....I dont know whether there is a patch or something to fix this or what to do...i am downloading the 1.41 path right now...ill let you know how it runs after i install it

Sounds like a refresh rate issue to me. Battlefield 2 demands that 800x600 is at 60Hz even if you are using 1024x768 or whatever. Stupid I know, it had me baffled for a while. If you have changed the refresh rate of your monitor at all, change it back to 60Hz so that you can start the game and then select your desired resolution and refresh rate in the video options within battlefield 2.

If you are still having trouble try removing the Battlefield 2 folder in Documents and Settings and re-run the game.

Hope this points you in the right direction. Good luck.

Ok I don't know if this is your situation but the exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. It been a long time since I used my LCD for my gaming monitor so I changed the default monitor to the LCD and started BF2 and screen went black as if it was going start then a flicker then back to desktop. Turns out the game while playing on my CRT was set to a higher refresh rate than my LCD could support so I had to run the game on the CRT and change it back to 75 hertz to be able to play it on the LCD.

Damn I totally skipped over centy's post....is there an echo in here