What kind of Car do you drive??

Nightshadow

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess, i just think they're horribly overrated. you can get an m5 that'll blow the doors off of a vette for a little more. just personal preference i guess.

There is no bmw made for the general market that will even come close to "blowing the doors" off a new ls7 powered corvette.

yah if the Supra and 360 dont have key's in the ignition maybe.... bad new's mate, vette's are overpriced and over rated pretty boy cars

Eh? Do you even know what a Z-06 IS talking like that? Granted a 1000HP supra is out of the question.

Eh? Do you even know what a Z-06 IS talking like that? Granted a 1000HP supra is out of the question.

Sure do, and car for car the Z-06 is the weakest link of the 3,

Now granted a stock Supra couldnt touch a Z-06, but dollar for dollar IMO you can get more out of a Supra.

And as far as the 360 Modena goe's, stock for stock both cars are almost identical in performance.

Even if they were near identical, which they aren't,

Um, hate to tell you but they are within 2 thousandths of each other on average for 0-60, and 1/4 mile. And your right they arent identical, the Modena has 117 less horsepower. (400 vs 517 ~according to Chevrolet~)

Fanboy? Yah what of it. You get what you pay for.

Um, hate to tell you but they are within 2 thousandths of each other on average for 0-60, and 1/4 mile. And your right they arent identical, the Modena has 117 less horsepower. (400 vs 517 ~according to Chevrolet~)

Fanboy? Yah what of it. You get what you pay for.

Geez guys does every car thread have to turn into a argument V8 / US car vs whatever? Being a small engine jap car and 911/ BMW fan boy I can say that the Corvette is one impressive car for what it is. It has 500HP and beats the gas guzzler tax cheap for the performance too though you would not want to use it for a daily driver.

Yes I could likly go faster around most track with a 5 year old miata than I would with a corvett but that isnt the point. It is a performer in the right hands and it is American and that is very important to some especaly the V8 dispite the fact you have to work ten times harder to get the same performance from one than a modern 4 or 6.

To each there own and here is a link to the corvett if there was any confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette

Please dont make me close this tread that would be a real shame be nice. Car threads should not be flame bait.

You guys might want to look at some of the SCAA track times and race results. Those are close to stock cards and a pretty good representation of the real potential of the street cars. To me that is a lot more telling than the report of some old fart from a car magazine. I will tell you that some of the corvetts have some some very nice times even on very tight tecnical tracks where you would expect the small cards to kick butt.