Should I buy a hard drive?

calvintang

Heres the situation guys,

For the next 2 months i am going to US, North Carolina, to stay with my aunt and her family.

So should i buy a hard drive while im there? Im worried that when i get back it breaks down and the people here would not give me a rma.

TIA.

I took a hard drive through the airport before. Mind you this was about 2 years ago so it was before the recent nothing on airplanes stuff. I had it in my carry on bag and the guy working the X-Ray machine had no idea what it was. So they just opened up my bag and took a look.

Perhaps I should concider myself lucky, as I'm a pretty beefy guy dressed in black with a black trench coat and long hair. But I guess they figured that I stuck out too much to be a terrorist or something :D

But as for the question. If you can get support for it normally where you live, you can buy it here and still get support there.

I wouldn't buy a hard drive, since you might have to pass through magnetic security devices at the airport. You could buy a better CPU here.

agreed, that wouldnt be a nice thing for your data :eek2:

Here at Hartsfield in Atlanta they have information about the scanning technology used. Their business-class customers are through the roof, 1 in 2 having a laptop. The technology is guaranteed not to cause harm to the laptop but they recommend you shut it down. So, just don't power up your HDD and you'll fine dude! :sweat:

Course, they might also think you made it look factory sealed because you are a terrorist with secret military information on the HDD because a flash drive would be too easily concealed. So, they'll make you hand over your HDD BUT you can take the 2.75" switchblade on with you because it is a toiletry implement under 3". :confused:

boo