Anybody else screwed by TimeWarner...

OldGuy

And their purchase of Comcast and Adelphia? I was perfectly happy with my Comcast account and had ZERO problems with my cable TV service. Since Timewarner bought everybody up I've had more screwed up listings in the last 2 months (click a program in the menu and it's not the right program) and jumbled up broadcasts...Nothing like getting into a good movie you've never seen and the friggin thing starts wiggin out!!

Oh and I now have a new RoadRunner Webmail/E-mail which means a new E-mail address which means a good dozen online accounts that now have to be updated...again...and all of my receipts that I keep in my Comcast E-mail folder (you know, dozens of NewEgg invoices :) ) need to be either printed up and filed or forwarded to the new account. Problem is I don't see an option to add a new folder to store all this stuff...granted I just activated the damn thing and the option "might" be there but I just get so pissed off when something in my services change...I'm a creature of habit and like things where I'm accustomed to finding them. If I want to change something, DAMN IT, let me make the choice!!!

My cell phone service has changed three hands in the last three years...Hell I forget who I started with but AT&T was in the middle and I really have never liked AT&T. Same with TimeWarner. These big boys come in and buy everybody up, change everything all around then pull out a year or two later...wah wah wah :)

I just felt like letting off a little rant after having to go through the RoadRunner signup and then trying to go to the Roadrunner home page and having it tell me I needed the Adobe flash player to view the web page correctly, installing it and having it repeat over and over...WTF is wrong with the world today? Money Money Money!!!!! And no one to actually give you your moneys worth...just a bunch of empty promises and quick profits...

Okay..I'm done :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really the same thing, but same sort of things happened with my adsl. nice steady 8mbit line, then company goes has one of those re-shuffles as they do, now my ping's gone from 25-30 to 60-70 and my download speeds gone from 1100k/sec to 250k/sec... they still charge the same, infact the put the prices up ! they keep saying, oooh theres no need to switch, we will fix it, but they dont, i just dont know if i want to go through the whole not having adsl for weeks again. very frustrating...

on a side note. ive not seen that jpeg for AGES! love it :D

I feel ya Old Guy. I hate to make you feel worse, but since I am guessing you have cingular, (since you said your cell service kept changing hands and used to be AT&T), I hate to break it to you but it will be chaning again next year. I know that sometime last year cingular bought out at&t wireless, and the at&t parent company just bought out cingular so it wil be changing back to at&t sometime next year. I dunno if this has been announced yet, but one of my best friends is a manager over at cingular wireless, and got the heads up about two weeks ago.

I feel ya Old Guy. I hate to make you feel worse, but since I am guessing you have cingular, (since you said your cell service kept changing hands and used to be AT&T), I hate to break it to you but it will be chaning again next year. I know that sometime last year cingular bought out at&t wireless, and the at&t parent company just bought out cingular so it wil be changing back to at&t sometime next year. I dunno if this has been announced yet, but one of my best friends is a manager over at cingular wireless, and got the heads up about two weeks ago.

I'm sitting here laughing my butt off!!! Cingualr it is...and then back to AT&T? The company I used to refer to lovingly as the Anti Christ? Dunno why, they've just always bugged me...maybe all the phone calls to get me to switch to their long distance one a month...

I've already got two cell phones I need to dump...aint no way I'm pitchin' my latest Motorola after they tell me my service area and reception will be better. I ditched my land line about 18 months ago and have to suffer with the worst service being right here at my home. Everywhere but here it's fine so I've put up with it because I don't yak on the phone much anyway...I have to lay on the floor in my living room to get the best reception...No lie. That or sit on the kitchen counter :)

I'm not in quite the same situation, but my houseold went from having a super fast T1 line to 1.5Mbps Charter Cable... which does run as advertised but the difference from T1 isn't even comparable... Grr

(We never paid for the T1 or the cable, my mom's work supplies it)

See I never had that many problems with AT&T. The bulk of of my problems have been from Cingular. For example, last year there was a big family emergency. People tried and tried to call me, but it kept going straight to voicemail. But my phone worked fine to dial out to people. It also didn't tell me I had any voicemails. Finally about eight hours after the emergency, it suddenly pops up that I have twelve new voicemails. So after everything was ok, I called Cingular to classy lady my butt off. They told me that it wasn't their fault because my phone is not guarenteed to work in my home. Needless to say I was pretty pissed, haha.

I'm not in quite the same situation, but my houseold went from having a super fast T1 line to 1.5Mbps Charter Cable... which does run as advertised but the difference from T1 isn't even comparable... Grr

(We never paid for the T1 or the cable, my mom's work supplies it)

Ouch...I feel for you. Charter blows.

Yeah but the really crappy thing for Charter customers is that the 5mbps package isn't available everywhere. Kinda like this super "gamer tier" service my cable company has...too bad its not available where I live for whatever retarded reason.

same here got adelphia and I have had the same BS for weeks. my vonage phone breaks up looses connection, internet connection goes down for hours on end, terrible tv reception I might as well stop watching the big screen and go back to my 19" it's so bad some days...can't wait for armstrong utilities to get in town. I had them for years before I moved and never had 1 problem.