Anybody else screwed by TimeWarner...

OldGuy

That's what bugs me with cable...you get what you get depending on the city you live in and that's IT. There is ZERO competition within a city for your cable service. Yes you can get DirecTV (which I've had) but I like broadband cable head and shoulders above DSL and what the heck is there with Satellite? I live in the foothills so antenna feed is completely horrible and out of the question for TV and refuse to go back to DSL and again, satellite offers nothing viable that I'm aware of.

I just wish these guys could focus on actual "customer service" and make one technology work and work well instead of all the jumping from one bed to another for a quick buck and "here is the latest and greatest" bull .. Look how long the current TV broadcast structure has been in place...since the 50's? Now we can't can't be bothered with perfecting anything...gotta make money now now now and that's the bottom line. Forget about what's right and make sure the CEO drives home in his 80 thousand dollar car to his 4+ million dollar home. . just moves too fast at the top these days while those at the bottom are left scratchin' their heads...:confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly my friend, money makes the world go round, and I don't see that changing anytime while we're alive. I am totally with you on companies making a product and/or service that doesn't suck complete butt, but when they are trying to do nothing but make money, we are the ones made to suffer.

And I have no bloody idea where they get these apes that they are passing of as, "customer service reps". Most of these idiots are either rude/idiots/or in another country and have no idea what you are talking about. It pisses me off.

/rant off

Whew! :sweat:

I use Adelphia, and have been switched to Time Warner and I have experienced no problems at all, and I get their business class cable internet along with every channel they have on our boxes (4 hd boxes). *knocks on wood hoping that nothing goes wrong soon*

-Will

Another pointless Darth Vader reference;)

Maybe you can use it in your sig, now cheer up.

Good ol' Darth has become the face of evil that everyone can easily recognize (at least in my generation :) ) He represents absolute POWER and how easily it corrupts...I don't particularly care for Mr. Lucas (he can make an Oscar winner look like a total dork...what a putz, but that's for another rant) but the "dark side" theme is certainly something that rings true...

Dig the DFI reflections...I'll have to figure out how to incorporate that into my siggy :P

I use Adelphia, and have been switched to Time Warner and I have experienced no problems at all, and I get their business class cable internet along with every channel they have on our boxes (4 hd boxes). *knocks on wood hoping that nothing goes wrong soon*

-Will

That's the thing...aside form having to change my email which is not that big a deal really...I've never experienced "bad" reception for lack of a better word until these yahoos took over Comcast. All the hardware is already in place right? So what the heck? And I can't tell you how many times I've cruised the menu and selected a program only to find a completely different broadcast...

Keep knockin' on that wood...

Only problem I've had with Time Warner is that they seem to have put some kind of limit on DL speed here recently. I can't get over 120ish with any DL I'm doing. I know sites such as open office or any other I've dloaded something from should be sending faster than 120k but I'm only getting 120k. Glad Verison got their FIOS thing in my area, definately going to switch now.

No problems with the TV yet. Though I don't use the chan guide so I can't say if that works fine or not.

my adsl is suppose to be 2048/512 kbps

i get around 50ish ,rarely 100k download speed,

upload speen is about 50ish too.

my service is on best effort only.:(

dollar to dollar, mine is about rm88, or $25.

at least i feel better its not only me.

ya gotta hate your providers- no matter which one it is- they get away with charging full cost for fractions of advertised speeds- and they do it by adding 2 little words- "up to". My comcast isn't too bad- sufficient for gaming, with the occasional dropped connection. I swear it wasn't like that until they added voip and the "new" guide powered by microsoft. Damn Bill's got his finger in everybody's pie.

cellphones are a whole different rant! they're all a-holes.

OG- I like the darth for your sig. sorry to say- I'm also old enough- I saw the original star wars in the theatre. good theme.......