Anybody else screwed by TimeWarner...

OldGuy

Well, I am on Comcast cable/broadband. I've got a pretty good package of two digital boxes, all the channels except Cinemax, 8000/1500 broadband connection for $99.99. I've had zero problems with the cable or broadband, except when they shut down for a few hours for maintainance one night without letting me know. Surprisingly my call to them at 2AM got through and I was then told that it was scheduled maintainance and I should have gotten an e-mail (to the e-mail account I never bothered to setup through Comcast).

Now, my cell-phone is a different story all together. I am with Verizon (required for work), yet their coverage in Wyoming is abysmal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like said, it really depends on the area you are in

and how much the market will bear. :D

I currently live in a small town halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago.

www.speedtest.net

Time-Warner has a package here for basic cable (100 channels, no HBO or showtime), Internet access, and Phone with unlimited local calling (and I think unlimited LD in lower 48) for like $99.99

Seems like a heel of a deal to me.

speedtesttf7.jpg

I have the same kind of package deal through comcast and my downloads are awesome. The upload cap kind of sucks but I can live with it. I normaly get around 8mbs so that is higher than normal kind of shocked me.

speedtestwn1.jpg

try either of the two "free dsl speed test" links...neither is the one Sounds is using but they still do the same thing...I'm getting about 5.4mbps download and 350 upload...Good enough for my needs.

My main complaint is the Cable TV service and it's deterioration since TimeWarner took over...

Heck no!! Interesting to see how one region sucks and another is great. Besides that you reminded me to check my bandwidth which I hadn't done in a long time. So far my broadband is fine and dandy. I just get pissed when I'm trying to watch a program and it starts cutting out...not like the old days with rabbit ears you could adjust. It snaps and pops and locks and chunks and just plain sucks and aint nothin for me to adjust :rolleyes:

Sometimes calling once or twice a week helps when it comes time to pay the bill. :)

If the broadband is working but the TV is not you can probably send an email/hate mail and have the poor service documented.

It's probably that high flyin Conroe rig sucking up them lil electrons :D

Sometimes calling once or twice a week helps when it comes time to pay the bill. :)

If the broadband is working but the TV is not you can probably send an email/hate mail and have the poor service documented.

It's probably that high flyin Conroe rig sucking up them lil electrons :D

Spending any amount of time on the phone with any customer service is just too frustrating...besides, you're probably right. I'm sure I was priming everytime it went on the fritz :eek2: :P :tooth:

@WintersFury..........You may want to call Time Warner and see if they lowered your status. After they took over here they lowered my package from bronze to basic which gave me less digital cable channels and slower internet speed. I had to call them to set things right. Now, my internet speed is back to normal but they stole about 8 of my digital channels.

Well the thing is that I can have more than one file downloading at 100-120k/s and it works fine, just no download will go higher. The speedtest gave me 1713kbps download and 139 upload. Now since they use kb both lowercase that should be kilobits much like a phone line modem... So I'd need to divide out and ummm... I don't feel like dealing with getting it exact. So it should be about 170K download and 13K upload... Compared to my previous 500+K download and ~50K upload. Think I'm going to have to call them up...

Wait a minute. Time Warner Cable bought out Comcast in your area? Because in the Twin Cities Metro area Comcast bought out Time Warner. We have experienced some lagging and dropping in our Broadband service since the switch, which has pissed my whole family off a great deal (5 Computers on WLAN all dropped at the same time because cable modem goes out).

Cable reception is still pretty good but not as good as it was with TW.