Anybody else screwed by TimeWarner...

OldGuy

The only place I've heard of these all-in-one solutions actually working is in a new build area.

The area of New Orleans where my Uncle lives has all new services from sewer to electricity. He's on cable for voice, data and TV. His service is excellent at its worst.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i switched from at&t yahoo dsl to time warner cable internet backa bout 6 months ago and I have had nothing but problems since i got it installed my bill is 180.00 bucks a month for there triple play or what ever it is the fastest internet they provide to residential,phone,and hd cable service with all the movie channels my internet randomly stops working through out the day I mean pure random and as phone and internet are on the same modem or what ever the phone doesn't work,I have yet to be able to use any of my in demand channels every time I try to watch a indemand show/movie it sits trying to access the movie for 10 mins then finaly says in big red letters your movie could not be accessed at this time please try again or call this number********** if the problem continues,well i got that message about 2 weeks after I had it installed and it still doesn't work and to top it off when my internet dies out my tv reception craps out and I loose half my channels due to accessive bleed through and some are jsut blue/black screens.forking 57inch dlp samsung 1080i tv and the cable doesn't work.

ok the good new after they charged me 20 bucks per visit to my house to trya nd fix the problem the first 4 times I called them I then called and yelled until i got through to a manager i told him I am not paying . until they fix this wich included last months bill and everything els he then tryed telling me I had to pay or be disconnected i yelled threatened to through the hd boc cable modem in the street and pisss on it the set it to fire I have yet to pay anything for the past 4 months out of the 6 i have had it.

they have since replaced all the wiring in my house wiring to and from the pole and are set to rewire my block next week.

Way to get things done :D

Guest RohypnoL

Here're my test results from myspeed:

Speed test statistics

---------------------

Download speed: 6938752 bps

Upload speed: 888472 bps

Quality of service: 99 %

Download test type: socket

Upload test type: socket

Maximum download pause: 7 ms

Average download pause: 1 ms

Minimum round trip time to server: 13 ms

Average round trip time to server: 18 ms

Server test

-----------

Server ID #: 4777840

Not sure if it's because we don't have the multitude of providers up here (most markets only have either 1 DSL or 1 cable choice) but I shudder every time I see what kind of crap folks in the US have to go through to get decent broadband.

http://www.dslreports.com/im/18515933/47091.png

I get 3 reg cable connections / 1 digital tv + movie networks connection (including box rental) / phone / & cable broadband for aprox. $140 CDN/month.

In 4 years I've had less than 10 outages which lasted longer than 10 minutes & only one which lasted longer than 5 hours which was due to hurricane juan so that doesn't count.

Don't know why that image isn't showing up but the link works.