DFI-Street Forums Logo Contest!

Angry_Games

Here's a refinement of my entry

HG: you were right...the motherboard looks a lot better when its less opaque - just blends in perfectly with the background

I have 2 pics here - one with the sign being kind of faded, and one when it is solid

disturbed6dwsContestEntry3-fade.jpg

disturbed6dwsContestEntry3-nonfade.jpg

Let me know what you think

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok heres my first attempt, hope you all like it.

soz massive image thanks to silly imageshack, so ill linky instead of ing

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/803/picture1fr3.png

What i have done-

1) added GHz to the rev gauge rather than the 1000x.

2) cut out and modded slightly (yellowed it) the toaster image. and placed it on the image with blending options.

3) made a backdrop to make the rev gauge stand out more.

4) added and played with one motherboard picture given to me by you,

And found an expert image to put on top (because it looks wiked).

5) sorted out some text that fited with the theme (and messed with the text highlights slightly).

Does'nt sound like alot but It took a fair bit of time and im happy with it for a first attempt. will probably keep working on it for the next week.

And no being biased against me cos i did it on my mac! :)

@ Disturbed:

I like the entire right side of yours, and I like the direction the street signs are going color-wise, but the alignment looks off. The top sign looks like it's moved too far forward (left) relative to the bottom one.

In this post:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=208

The signs in the first two pics look like they're aligned correctly (almost.. the top one looks like it's tilted forward and front to back slightly.) Or maybe you can mess around with a style like the signs in the third pic.

@ Disturbed:

I like the entire right side of yours, and I like the direction the street signs are going color-wise, but the alignment looks off. The top sign looks like it's moved too far forward (left) relative to the bottom one.

In this post:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=208

The signs in the first two pics look like they're aligned correctly (almost.. the top one looks like it's tilted forward and front to back slightly.) Or maybe you can mess around with a style like the signs in the third pic.

I dont know...that is pretty much how I imagine should be looking from that level of perspective - one side will look like it is shorter, since the effect is to try and trick you into thinking its further way

well yeah, i understand what you mean - since you have 2 different angles and directions of perspective on the same pic, it might look a little offset - but try playing with 2 pieces of paper - allign them in the same perspective/direction as the image, and you will get the same illusion

I like how its looking s1ick, can you turn the toaster to angle the other way though? Might look a bit better.

Also...if you could compress that image a bit....no big deal really seeing as people should know this'll have pics in it, but 1 MB is a bit much. ;)