Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and it still sucks...don't waste yer money...Get something like a tuniq tower or if you really insist on spending some cash get a Freezone.

That's a shame. I've been lurkin for a few days watching this thread hoping for great things :beer

That's a shame. I've been lurkin for a few days watching this thread hoping for great things :beer

After trying the vigor monsoon, I would say even a above average watercooling

setup will give better performance. I put togather a nice WC'ing setup without spending alot.

swiftech type pump MCP350/DDC $36.19 shipped

black ice pro 120mm radiator & danger den filport/res. 35.00 shipped

swiftech Apogee CPU block $40.00 shipped

1/2" tubing and clamps I already had. estimate for clamps and tubing $15.00

$111.19

I decided to go 1/2" tubing so I got fancy and ordered a Petra'sTech DDCT-01 Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top (w/Barbs!) $28.00

This setup will kick the monsoons butt.

Yes and it still sucks...don't waste yer money...Get something like a tuniq tower or if you really insist on spending some cash get a Freezone.

I have a Noctua NH-U12. Is the Tuniq Tower that much better?

I decied to give my Monsoon another try, modded with an 80W TEC. Lets open some windows, cause its hot in here.:sweat:

I would have to agree with the above statements, it's not all that! But interesting to mess around with. TEC's are cool :cool:

I decied to give my Monsoon another try, modded with an 80W TEC. Lets open some windows, cause its hot in here.:sweat:

I would have to agree with the above statements, it's not all that! But interesting to mess around with. TEC's are cool :cool:

To be fair it worked just a tad better with the 80w. The little shovel dude actually took a breather now and then :) 110w is probably generating too much heat and not getting dissipated. Still doesn't change the fact that the unit is way over priced...

Luck

hav eney of u chaps seen the quite new swiftech mcw6500-t thermoelectric h2o block. it looks pritty sweet i recon. im thinking about maybe getting one for my loop, im not 100% sure yet.

ive just been reading back a few pages in this thread about oldguy changing the TEC in his cooler & not seeing eney benefit.

correct me if im wrong but, this might be because of the amount of voltage used, as with a TEC u need use much much lower voltage than on non-TEC cooler. otherwise u risk going over the TEC limit befor uve got ure max o/c, which then gives worse temps than a non-TEC setup.

so when o/cing with a TEC, ure ment to just o/c with no extra voltage until u start to loose stability, then add just a tiny bit extra voltage & so on.

also not forgetting that room temp plays a large part too, with ether a h2o cooled TEC or an air cooled one. so if ure room gets hotter u also risk over shooting the TEC.

that why im still not 100% sure, wether to go with the swift mcw6500-t or not. its a lot of cash to waist if its no good for my room/ h2o loop.

The final verdict is that it's 500 MHz faster with the TEC than with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. 2.7Ghz is stable. I don't know if water cooling would give me any more, or if I've just run out of head room. I'm using 2x512mbs of OCZ DDR600 & hit 270 on the HTT, no where near its spec of 300.

hav eney of u chaps seen the quite new swiftech mcw6500-t thermoelectric h2o block. it looks pritty sweet i recon. im thinking about maybe getting one for my loop, im not 100% sure yet.

ive just been reading back a few pages in this thread about oldguy changing the TEC in his cooler & not seeing eney benefit.

correct me if im wrong but, this might be because of the amount of voltage used, as with a TEC u need use much much lower voltage than on non-TEC cooler. otherwise u risk going over the TEC limit befor uve got ure max o/c, which then gives worse temps than a non-TEC setup.

so when o/cing with a TEC, ure ment to just o/c with no extra voltage until u start to loose stability, then add just a tiny bit extra voltage & so on.

also not forgetting that room temp plays a large part too, with ether a h2o cooled TEC or an air cooled one. so if ure room gets hotter u also risk over shooting the TEC.

that why im still not 100% sure, wether to go with the swift mcw6500-t or not. its a lot of cash to waist if its no good for my room/ h2o loop.

I'd think anything Gabe from swiftech puts out works. He puts more thought into cooling products than most companies.

I'd guess the problem after the larger TEC was added was te delta between hot and cold side. The hsf could'nt keep the hot side cool enough for the tec to do its job. Just my 2cents. I dunno.