Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

I'd guess the problem after the larger TEC was added was te delta between hot and cold side. The hsf could'nt keep the hot side cool enough for the tec to do its job. Just my 2cents. I dunno.

How about a higher CFM fan, or a push-pull set-up?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a higher CFM fan, or a push-pull set-up?

Cut off the hsf portion of the device. Throw in a bigger peltier. Put a waterbock on top of petier section and bam. You have a peltier cooled computer.

I would actually like to get ahold of a dead one of those things for the controller. I'd use the controller, a 220 watt peltier, cold plate and some watercooling.

The temp cpntroller would alleviate any issues with condensation that we used to have to worry about.

got a push-pull config on mine, negligible gains.

Did you switch back to the Tuniq Tower? I still have a Noctua NH-U12 attached to the X2 4800+. Is that the equivalent of the Tuniq? I don't like the fact that the fan blows vertically, instead of horizontally on the NH-U12.

@puzzled May be the DFI layout are like that, my previous Venus also can only mount vertically but I can mount mine to the ASUS horizontal to blow air out of that case now.

It's because the Intel mount uses 4 mounting points versus AMD using 2 mounting points. If more thought was put into the 2 pieces that mount the heat sink to the CPU, it could be done.

Did you switch back to the Tuniq Tower? I still have a Noctua NH-U12 attached to the X2 4800+. Is that the equivalent of the Tuniq? I don't like the fact that the fan blows vertically, instead of horizontally on the NH-U12.

I gave the Monsoon to my wife, I thought it was rather weak for my naked 170 @1.5v. I think my ambient temps are too high.

The Tuniq definately outperforms the Monsoon, for my setup at least.

I gave the Monsoon to my wife, I thought it was rather weak for my naked 170 @1.5v. I think my ambient temps are too high.

The Tuniq definately outperforms the Monsoon, for my setup at least.

I'll have a Tuniq tomorrow to play with...even if it performed the same it's one third the price of a Monsoon.

I'll have a Tuniq tomorrow to play with...even if it performed the same it's one third the price of a Monsoon.

True. I'm going to transfer the Monsoon over to the X2 4800+ for sh*ts & giggles. Just to see if it will equal Angrys results. :P The video section of the Abit went bonkers on me today. It disconnected itself from SLI, gave me a message that it would restart itself in 9 seconds, & then did that a 1/2 dozen times in succession. It finally fired up on the remaining card, & then took itself out. I'll see how it feels about working tomorrow. :rolleyes: I was waiting on the RMA to return me another X1950, but now that is a changed plan.

Damnit OldGuy...everytime I see your sig I want to go out and get a Coolit Freezone LOL. So many toys to buy but so little money in my pocket:(

LOL!!! Well just be a fool and put it on plastic and be done with it....for awhile :angel: It never ends bud. Just go for broke. Play now pay later!!! heheheheheeeeee....just kiddin.

The Freezone is definitely a great way to go (for me). Setting up a full blown WC loop just looks like a major PITA to me and the best air cooling can't even come close, unless of course you like to keep your place in the 50 degree range :D Too cold for me...

I think they can be had for around 220.00 with some serious searching but can't say for sure. Paid full pop for mine last year from FrozenCPU and had to wait a month to get it...

$220? The only place I've seen it in stock is xoxide.com and the last time I checked it was like $309 I think. You know of any other sites that might have them in stock?

And I don't have any credit cards...I'm too much of an impulse buyer I would have to run away to Canada to avoid the debt collectors :sweat: