Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to go to eagames.com, login to your account and you can change your nickname. it's better to use the clan tag in game so you don't have to go through all that very often- unless you really want to change your handle. there's a spot on the character select in game at login to use prefix to your character name.

i'm sure you can do this- i saw it the other day as i was logged in to pre-order 2142.

You cannot change your in-game BF2 name the name you have chosen is the name you now have to stick with ( the account part refered to above relates to the availability to use purchased add-ons such as Euro Forces or Armoured Fury - this enables you to purchase once with an EA account but,use of a number of different in-game names in a certain period of time), you can however add a six character 'clan-tag' so Rake, you could be

DFI_St[ZEBRA]Rake

for example of course depending on what tag is actually chosen, btw does no-one have anymore variations on that? As I will make a poll soon to choose one and atm its just my examples that are in existence....

I dont' know, what I do know is when I did the 'prefix', it did not want any spaces....

Correct, hence the use of the Hypen & Underscore in my previous suggestions/examples :)

r4z

ok seems like theres abit of confusion, so heres the ea explanation, hope this helps

With the 1.03 patch there is a Prefix option on the login screen that has been added to the game. This Prefix option will allow you to add letters, numbers, and characters to the front of your account name. Gamers typically use these characters in front of their name to signify that they are in a gaming clan.

To add a clan name enter the clan tag in the Prefix box and log in with the account in which you would like to add the tag to. This will attach these characters to the front of your account name. Once these characters are attached to the name they are locked in until you desire to change it. You can change the clan tag by entering the new tag in the Prefix box, then log in with the account.

If you wish to remove your clan tag completely you must at least enter one character into the Prefix box to tell the software that you are changing your clan tag, then press the Delete key to delete this character. This will tell the software that you wish to attach the current prefix to your account. Next log in to the account to add the blank prefix.

DFI_ST is fine with me. Lets go ahead and get the poll going so we can rock and roll.

DFI_ST is fine with me. Let's try and get some people together before even talking about a server. ., we haven't even played a game together yet.

Clan members list updated as of 10/15/2006 16:36 CST. And I'm going to start a rules list too, especially since we will be using the DFI tag in our name with special permission from HG.

1. In game cheating will not be tolerated. Violaters will be banned permanently.

2. Intentional team killing will not be tolerated. Violaters will be banned permanently.

3. If you choose to use a DFI tag for your player name you will be expected to uphold the highest standards of fairness, integrity and team spirit. Remember, HG was kind enough to let us use the DFI tag so we will represent him, this forum and our fellow forum and clan members in a manner that reflects well on DFI-Street and each of us as individuals.

4. (EDITED) Foul language in a FPS can be expected at certain times. If the language becomes offensive please address it with the individual member through a mature and mutually respectful PM.

I'm am open to further rules if needed let me know. Otherwise respond in the affirmative that each of the clan members on page one have read and understand these simple rules.

Thanks.

Clan members list updated as of 10/15/2006 16:36 CST. And I'm going to start a rules list too, especially since we will be using the DFI tag in our name with special permission from HG.

1. In game cheating will not be tolerated. Violaters will be banned permanently.

2. Intentional team killing will not be tolerated. Violaters will be banned permanently.

3. If you choose to use a DFI tag for your player name you will be expected to uphold the highest standards of fairness, integrity and team spirit. Remember, HG was kind enough to let us use the DFI tag so we will represent him, this forum and our fellow forum and clan members in a manner that reflects well on DFI-Street and each of us as individuals.

4. Foul language should be kept to a minimum, keeping in mind that some players may be ours or someone else's children. The F-word and GD-word used during game play will earn you a warning on the first offense. Second offense will earn you a three day ban from the clan. Third offense a thirty day ban from the clan. If you haven't learned by then, you are hopeless and will be permantly removed from the clan list.

I'm am open to further rules if needed let me know. Otherwise respond in the affirmative that each of the clan members on page one have read and understand these simple rules.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I won't be playing, as I god damn can't stop cursing, and if the players I'm with are not adult enough to handle that, well, I'm out. Sorry.

ANd yes, I'm serious.

(EDIT NV, I foudn the way to leave) Can you remove me from the XFire group for dfi, as I don't know how to do it. Thanks. No hard feelings, I just like to play with grown ups.

(note to self, this is funny, because we're playing a game where you KILL, Blowup, shoot down people, but cursing is frowned upon. ironic)