Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Been checking them out. The only good thing about a reinstall is how "fresh" Windows feels out of the gate. I'll get Xfire setup tonight and post my user handle here on this thread.

Cheers.

Yup I know what you mean, seems to fly dont it!

I'm holding on for Vista then Im gonna reinstall with that, either that or I'll get some bigger Raptors as my RAID array is nearly full now & go 'fresh' then.

r4z

For fear of getting this thread locked or deleted I won't say anything about the Vista Beta testing I was doing.

lol - I tried to install the beta but, it wouldnt have it so, I gave up :(

Anyway back on topic, any chance of making a full BF2 XFire list in the first post? That way anyone wanting to join in the p4wn4ge can do so easily, without having to dissect every post for Xfire info.

thx

r4z

4. Does anyone have a spare PC to dedicate as a server?

um I have an HP rig kicking around, just an athlonXP 1800+ palamino, 128mb of RAM, and an 80gig hdd, no vid card in it (just on-board) but an FX5500 or 9800 series shouldnt be to awfully hard to find if need be.

Minimum Specification, based on playing a 16 player game:

CPU: 1 Ghz

RAM: 256 Mb

Recommended Specification, based on playing a 64 player game:

CPU: 3 Ghz. For AMD Athlon 64 CPU: 3500+ (2.2 Ghz)

RAM: 2 Gb

These figures seem to vary slightly from Linux to Windows but, they are ballpark so, meh! Also bandwith will be required, probably 2-2.5 MBit minimum.

Full set up guide here for running on Linux

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_A_Battl...edicated_Server

r4z

Hey guys (and maybe gals). I just got an email from AG this morning and he says that he is down with us creating a BF2 squad and using DFI or DFI-Street in the tag somehow. Evil, per your post #28 I think it's an awesome idea to create a Xfire BF2 members list and put it in the first post. Just start sending me all of your user id's and I'll begin updating post number one accordingly.

Now that we have AG's permission to incorporate the DFI-Street tag in our squad or clan name I'm ready for some creative suggestions on our name.

I'm on day number three of my system rebuild and I should be able to download and install Xfire tonight. I don't mind using my main rig as the server, but I was hoping to be able to keep one up 24/7 and that just ain't gonna happen if it's running off my main rig. I've got to use it for other things too (of course). I've got a spare m/b, cpu, case, power supply and 2gb of memory so I could put together a dedicated server, but my bandwidth won't be enough to keep a 64 player server happy. So I'm up to suggestions on that front.

Maybe we just put together our squad, get everyone on Xfire and maintain a current DFI BF2 Xfire users list in post number one and see how it goes from there? I will get Xfire installed tonight.

Hey guys (and maybe gals). I just got an email from AG this morning and he says that he is down with us creating a BF2 squad and using DFI or DFI-Street in the tag somehow. Evil, per your post #28 I think it's an awesome idea to create a Xfire BF2 members list and put it in the first post. Just start sending me all of your user id's and I'll begin updating post number one accordingly.

Thx, might as well turn PC off and die now - two useful ideas in the space of a few days, I think i've peaked....lol

Now that we have AG's permission to incorporate the DFI-Street tag in our squad or clan name I'm ready for some creative suggestions on our name.

Xfire is not a problem as tags are not rly character restricted, fullname is 'whatever', shortname is lowercase letters & numbers only. Its the BF2 tag that is restricted to 6 characters only, letters, numbers and symbols allowed so, as a starter I'll throw these in....

DFI-St

DF1-5t

DF!-St

DF!-5t

:- rly only so many normal or 1337 combos that can be created and still understood...

r4z out

:- rly only so many normal or 1337 combos that can be created and still understood...

I'm down with whatever...though honestly I'd prefer leaving all the 'leetitude' out of it. :cool:

I love inventing words.