Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i cant really play till i get my new gfx card.. its almost impossible with this one 6200le tubocache... its the spare one i keep in the draw look at this lol .. no more bf2 for me for a couple of weeks

ok now i dont feel so bad gaming with my crappy skt A my rig (I laugh every time I say rig when Im using this) is in pic

aqgy2.th.png

I call it a zipline......... but i suppose it's like gliding :)

on another note the zipline is great fun if you actually manage to shoot someone with it from the crossbow! :eek:

I guess u guys mean flying fox? I used to do it in guards, part of the training, we call it flying fox but have no idea wat the equipment is call though...

f you'll make sure to send me a clan invitation i'll join tonight when i get back home. i may even download SF tonight then it's off for some heavy duty fragging. 6:00pm CST.

U can d/l SF? and not purchasing it?

The clan tag for dfi on patrol is [DFI] so switch today. any help setting prefix up, just ask.

Also as wevsspot has already mentioned we have been allowed to use the dfi name, and it would be bad for the clan to be known for cheating, laming, and otherwise causing offence. SO lets keep it clean out there guys and wear the [DFI] tag with pride.

You can download directly from EA Games website, but cost is $29.00.

Luckily for me I decided not to be lazy and made a stop at our local Wal-Mart store on my way home.

The SF expansion pack can be had at Wally World for a king's ransom sum of $19.95 :)

Does anybody know a work around for BF2's ping detection? I can see this as being a real problem until we get our own server up and running. Some of the current BF2 servers have their punkbuster ping settings set pretty low. In my opinion anything below 200ms should be acceptable - especially when we are playing world wide. It really sucks to get punted because you have a ping of 169ms when you're playing a server based on the east coast, with players from Australia, UK and the US. I've got "discard ping to lan" enabled by my router, but for some reason I can still see my ping in the game. After I got fed up trying to stay in the same server as two other [DFI] clan members I just gave up and went to play in another server (my in-game ping at that server was 38-46ms)

If and when we do get our own server, lets not make the mistake of setting the ping punt in punkbuster too low. By my reckoning we'll have players from Singapore, Malaysia, UK, Australia, Wales and the US. If we have a single player whose connection or ping is proving problematic we can just address that on a one to one basis.

And I'm not ranting as someone with a lousy internet connection. I've got a 1.5mbs down and 512kb up aDSL line and my pings stateside usually run 30-35ms to my ISP and 35-38ms to yahoo.com

Anyway, back to my original question. Anyone know a workaround for the BF2 ping detection? There has to be something because I see several servers all of the time and their ping says "0" Which we all know is impossible.

You can download directly from EA Games website, but cost is $29.00.

Luckily for me I decided not to be lazy and made a stop at our local Wal-Mart store on my way home.

The SF expansion pack can be had at Wally World for a king's ransom sum of $19.95 :)

Does anybody know a work around for BF2's ping detection? I can see this as being a real problem until we get our own server up and running. Some of the current BF2 servers have their punkbuster ping settings set pretty low. In my opinion anything below 200ms should be acceptable - especially when we are playing world wide. It really sucks to get punted because you have a ping of 169ms when you're playing a server based on the east coast, with players from Australia, UK and the US. I've got "discard ping to lan" enabled by my router, but for some reason I can still see my ping in the game. After I got fed up trying to stay in the same server as two other [DFI] clan members I just gave up and went to play in another server (my in-game ping at that server was 38-46ms)

If and when we do get our own server, lets not make the mistake of setting the ping punt in punkbuster too low. By my reckoning we'll have players from Singapore, Malaysia, UK, Australia, Wales and the US. If we have a single player whose connection or ping is proving problematic we can just address that on a one to one basis.

And I'm not ranting as someone with a lousy internet connection. I've got a 1.5mbs down and 512kb up aDSL line and my pings stateside usually run 30-35ms to my ISP and 35-38ms to yahoo.com

Anyway, badk