Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got BF2 & Special Forces the expansion pack { came with the deluxe edition } My BF2 name is [DFI]RubberDucke

RD, PM DuTcH for an invitation to the clan.

PM me for special instructions concerning the installation of BF2 and the Special Forces expansion pack. There are a couple of little tricks that need to be followed in order to get everything working correctly. Unless they've fixed the problems in the last 30 days.

BF2 install will be straight forward. Install the game and then update to patch version 1.40 full. Skip the incrementals. The full takes a long time to download, but it's worth it not to have any problems. Then before you install the SF expansion pack PM me and i'll let you know what you are going to run into and how to fix it.

Cheers.

Thanks DuTcH.

So far you guys really have me beat in BF2, (225Slant6 too). But I'm learning. Getting close to another weapons unlock though, so I'll have at least one additional choice in armament. I'll be on for quite a while tonight. Hope to see some of you there.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing BF2 since release date. Love the game. Even after upgrades (check my sig) I still have poor performance on 64player battles when there is around 60 players on.

I use my system on a 19" widescreen monitor at 1440X900 in BF2 with the shortcut telling it to use that resolution. Most settings on High and 2x AA on. Dynamic Lighting on Med. Visibility at 100%.

If there is low numbers of players around 30-40(more or less) I get great performance 70-90fps. As more players get on and I attack a flag with many players around it it becomes slow.

What do i need a X2 cpu to run high on that resolution? Getting frustrated after going SLI and still having this issue.

Tks

Maybe it doesn't like that particular resolution, I don't have any issues with 64 player servers. Sure Servers with less players will give me more fps, but it's not something I can notice unless I do renderer.DrawFps 1 to show what I'm getting.

I also use Game.LockFps 0 to remove the 100fps limit so I get between 70 and 200 fps on a 64 player server.

Been playing BF2 since release date. Love the game. Even after upgrades (check my sig) I still have poor performance on 64player battles when there is around 60 players on.

I use my system on a 19" widescreen monitor at 1440X900 in BF2 with the shortcut telling it to use that resolution. Most settings on High and 2x AA on. Dynamic Lighting on Med. Visibility at 100%.

If there is low numbers of players around 30-40(more or less) I get great performance 70-90fps. As more players get on and I attack a flag with many players around it it becomes slow.

What do i need a X2 cpu to run high on that resolution? Getting frustrated after going SLI and still having this issue.

Tks

Even with my SLI I dont have everything on high as I find that some of the stuff just inhibits my ability to see everything and therefore kill it, this is my Video.con file from my profile - ignore the resolution size I auto launch at 1680x1050 - compare and contrast with your own.

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2

VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 2

VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 2

VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 2

VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 2

VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 2

VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3

VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 2

VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz

VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off

VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 0.9

VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 1

r4z

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2

VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 2

VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 2

VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 2

VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2

VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 2

VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 2Samples

VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1

VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

This is how I have it when I know im going to play 64 players. If not I have it on High. Even with this it slows down in crowded places.

I have 2 video.con files, one under 0001 folder and one under Default folder. They are both the same though..

The 3700 San Diego is an awesome processor. And most overclock like crazy. So your question comes down to personal preference. It's a hard one to answer without knowing exactly what processor you are considering as an "upgrade".

You can play any game out there with your current processor, memory, motherboard combination. So in the end the question whether or not to upgrade all comes down to your pocket book, and what you are trying to achieve with the upgrade.

Let me know what processors you are considering for the "upgrade".

Cheers mate.

Maybe one of the X2 models....

Ok last night I was playing BF2 with;

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3

VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3

VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3

VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3

VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3

VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3

VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 2Samples

VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1

VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

I used the renderer command to see FPS. I played FuShe pass 64 with around 62 players on. I watched the FPS counter and it stayed above 65-70fps all times highest around 90fps, ping constant at 45-47ms BUT I stilled experienced the sluggishness in-game at points during the round. It just doesn't react to commands right away when you span from left to right the video lags a bit behind your movements, when I hit prone takes a second to react ect...

Then I played an infantry only server with around 20 players, it played beautifully reacted quick and was never sluggish stayed around the same 70-90fps. I'm lost here....