Mushkin's DFI-Street.com XP-650w Power Supply Contest!

Angry_Games

Greetings DFI-Street forumers!

Thank you for allowing Mushkin to be a part of the DFI Street Family.

To kick things off Mushkin would like to give away 5 of our award winning XP-650W Power Supplies over the next 2 weeks!!

All we ask is that you write a short paragraph explaining why you think you deserve/need a free Mushkin PSU and post it in this thread!

This is meant to be a fun and entertaining contest, so both serious requests as well as funny requests will be accepted and judged.

Judging will be done at the end of the contest by Mushkin staff and DFI-Street moderators.

This contest is only valid for United States and Canadian forum members only.

World-wide contests coming soon!

Here's the link to Newegg page for Mushkin 650w psu

ATI Crossfire Certified!

Nvidia SLI Certified!

mushkin650w-1.JPG

psu_650.jpg

psu_650_2.jpg

Mr Angry himself will soon have one of these to try and destroy.

For those of you who didn't win, I would also like to remind you that they can be purchased at a lot of places:

Newegg.com

Buy.com

Computerhq.com

Directron.com

Kit-Tronics (CDN/USA)

Memory Express (CDN)

Micro Center (brick-n-mortar stores only, not online)

NCIX.com (CDN)

Wicked Machines

ZipZoomFly.com (best deal @ $139.00!)

DFI-Street thanks Mushkin for making this promotion/contest available solely to DFI-Street.com users!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deer mushkin,

i dezerv a powr suply bekuz i rok hard at ovrkloking. if yoo chooz me i will be tha bigr overklokr n kan den shows evry1 i m tha top klokr in tha planit. it wuld b lik 'hay, mushkn, all yor powr supliz belong to uss' n it wuld rok rilly hard ya. pleez pik me as i m tha bigist mushkn fan evr!

Angree-Gamez

My dearest Mushkin,

There are times in ones life where a question is posed. Is my power supply adequate enough? After countless overclockless nights and my rig saying she wants a bigger man with at least 600w I too posed this question. Though I first experienced denial I was able to admit my problem which many say is the first step to solving it. My power supply and I simply don't mesh well. Since there is no steroids for power supplies and I know this because I asked, simply put I need more power. How is a man supposed to feel at a lanparty when he pulls his 520w up next to a slick 650w mean powerful machine. Please mushkin let me borrow the xp-650w (you know like one of those borrows from a friend in which you never actually get what you loaned back and eventually forget until it comes up year later) please so I don't have to cry myself to sleep tonight.

Love Matt aka oba+ xoxoxoxoxo

I can summarize why Mushkin should hook me up with a new PSU quite succinctly. Prior to the dawn of my purchase of 2 GB Mushkin Redline XP4000, there was no overclock in my existence. It was like owning a car with no supercharger, cereal with no milk, a hot date with no condoms... life was misery at best. After the purchase of my Redline, I now roam the world, head high knowing that I increased my uberness by 600mhz because of Mushkin. Being a product loyalty type of guy; Mushkin has become my brand of memory... probably until the end times. With the DPRK testing nukes, that is probably a few weeks away. - Gazukull

Dear Mr. Mushkin,

1st off I don't really deserve it, but as you can see by my sig, I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb w/this TT680w.

Evernight I go to sleep(when I can) and wonder if she'll boot in the mourning and then when I use my trembling finger to push the go switch I think "Will this cause catastrophic damage to my rig or parts".

I didn't know what a good psu was when I bought this, so please don't go too hard on me, I'd take it back if I could.

The doctor has said I'm developing some kind paranoic/schitzophrenic condition called "Dreaded PSU/Rig Death Fear".

Now with the possibility of me maybe running 2x7900GTO sli looming large, I have had terrible nightmares/cold sweats/vomiting/loss of appetite.The fear of being underpowered is more than I can bare.

I'ved used your ram since my 1st build,2x512 pc3500 Lvl 1.

My doctor has prescribed your PSU as the antidote to my condition.

My lovely Mushkin

After i bought my nice and shinny Opty cpu my PSU just became jealous and since then it dont stop telling me im toturing it when i pump the Vcore, i definetly need more power to Overclock that little gold steeping, the new musking PSU will make my rig become a winner and look shinnier then ever. A dfi board without a Mushkin PSu is like a plane without wings.

Ebdoradz

PS sry for my bad english, i'm a french canuck

See here's the deal. I'm just a beat up truck driver that builds 'puters for the family.

Instead of hand-me-down clothes we do hand-me down PC parts.My 15 yr old son absolutely pwns me in CounterStrike:Source(he pwns everybody)And he does it with a crappy Thermaltake 560w psu.So I'm thinking that winning this Mushkin will give me the confidence to whup up on Jr and show him the old man still has game.Maybe even give him a lesson in BF2.

Dear Mr. Mushkin Madam Person Sir,

I believe I deserve a Mushkin XP 650w. I know there are more unfornate people than me; at least I have a computer, but why do I deserve such a high quality (stable) power supply?

Even though, I love OCZ products, the Modstream 450 I have isn't exactly the most reassuring component in my rig. It takes a couple or a bit more sometimes, press of the power button to fire up my "value beast". Then the 12v loves to fluactute between 11.77 to 11.90 volts. I think its trying to "break" dance. Also, with my super noob powers, it was and is extremely difficult for me to position the wires to where I want them to provide maximum airflow, the wires are just too stiff. I could probably use some of that stiffness myself. Last but not least, there arent enough power or connectors for me to upgrade my system if some how managed to scrounged enough money to upgrade. The 450 watt is already below the recommended 480 and I have only 1 SATA connector line. There is also only 1 FDD connector, which the DFI motherboard needs. So my psu has more than 1 Y-splitter to accomadate my needs. Scary isnt it?

Everyday I pray to which ever supernatural being that would listen, that my rig doesn't give out. Im in my last year of college, so Top Ramen and Rice is my staple diet. Why not just replace it before something bad happens? I just dont have the money to replace the power supply. Because of limited resources, the OCZ was my initial purchase choice due to it being cheap price and some forum members got it working with their machine.

With a bit of praying; okay, a lot of praying, Ive got my system working with an under powered PSU AND VALUE RAM. Stability and longivitiy remains to be seen.

Anyway, if I win, I promise to name my first born Mushkin and get the name tatooed on my back. Actually, Ill just post on every forum that I belong too and tell everyone I know, how much I love Mushkin and that I would marry it if it was a person. Besides, Im in college and in debt. I already eat top ramen and rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

If my system does go down because of a bad PSU, you wouldnt want that nasty taste of guilt. Who'd like that "Could've saved that poor man. If only we gave him a brand new quality Muskin XP 650w, so he didnt have to waste his Top Ramen budget to buy another generic sub-par power supply. He didnt have to starve," feeling bugging you at night, right?

The End.

Excuse my Engrish. Chinese is my first language =)

Not sure how to approach this, of course I want a free PSU, who wouldn't? I'm currently in college, with a year left. I've got an addiction for tweaking PC's and building new ones. At the moment I have a few parts laying around that I'd love to setup so I can have a workstation to go along with my play machine. The biggest things I have left to source are RAM and a PSU. At this point I'm not sure whether to sell what I have to eat, or continue on my ramen noodle diet. I'd love to have a second machine so when I inevitably crash my main rig I don't have to rely on a the schools lab machines to complete homework.

Help out a poor college kid with too many school loans have a second machine to OC/tweak and still have a reliable machine to do work on. If I win a PSU, I'll have to save for some Mushkin RAM to go with it :)

Dear Mr. Mushkin Madam Person Sir,

Anyway, if I win, I promise to name my first born Mushkin and get the name tatooed on my back. Actually, Ill just post on every forum that I belong too and tell everyone I know, how much I love Mushkin and that I would marry it if it was a person. Besides, Im in college and in debt. I already eat top ramen and rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Mushkin is a real person. He will prob get a real kick out of this one.

Well...maybe i deserve it harder than you guys (?)

Its all because i live down here...with my low end hardware...my pentium 3 (?)will love to have that mushkin PSU rocking its cheap butt case(yes, that ones with the flimsy side panels)...and just as a plus i could plug in stuff like hairdryers, microwaves and things like that and save some money off the energy bill (?????????)

Just imagine that...some kick butt pentium 3 (?) 256mb of sdr ram made by spektek, one creative 4x cdrom, and a nice, huge, ridiculously big CRT 13" Monocrhome monitor (?????????????) of course, hooked to my fps flaming voodoo 3 2000 pci...OMG, now thats a high end rig (?????????)

Thanx mushinskinssssssss ( yes...misspelled on porpouse)

(k)