Mushkin's DFI-Street.com XP-650w Power Supply Contest!

Angry_Games

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drteming

It was summer, a year ago, the afternoon thunderstorm had passed and the mist was rising under the oppressive North Carolina sun. The air was thick, breathing comes with an effort, but what did I care, I was in the house with the air conditioning turned up to arctic blast, laughing at the poor fools outside sweating their kazongas off. It was tense, however, the moment of truth was here. All four power connectors were plugged in. I pressed the power button on the motherboard. Four LED's...three LED's...two LED's...one LED...post screen pops up, my first build came alive! The monster within was awakened.

One year later, every component had been changed except for the motherboard and the floppy drive. With DirectX 10 looming in the horizon, a power supply upgrade is beginning to creep from the dark corners of my mind to the forefront. More juice is good, especially with the supposed 300W requirement of the G80. I can run dual PSU's with the Mushkin feeding it's sweet juice to the central component and make the...ahem... XXX it's little classy lady, powering everything else. Yea that should hold me for a while...

Ok I'll post...

Dear Mushkin....

I would like to win one of you power supplies... Fact is... I am not good at winning anything...Last time I won anything it consisted of a nice police officer giving me a safe driving award...(speeding ticket)... I did win that but, at a cost...I have a rig and it runs but. I have another rig thats been on the bench for a few months and it lack two key components...1 a power supply... and 2 a video card...So if I won a PSU then all I need is a video card...maybe if I get lucky I'll get one of those from the for sale thread... as I dont need much...So i'll enter this contest and hope for the best...and if I win it then I'll put it in my spare rig and write the best review I can...I have been hearing so much about your products that I would like to try them myself...:)

Edit: Thanks for the contest....It really make this place fun.... makes us all act like a bunch of carp waiting for some one to throw some cracked corn in the water...;)

I currently use a GameXtreme psu by OCZ tech, I am interested in Mushkin psu, I am aware of your success in the memory market. However I have not come across any of your PSUs. While I have no imediate need for a new psu at the present time. I would love to try out one of your psu's for the sake of comparison, and to make an educated decision on my next psu. This mutually benefitial, as I can promise an ubiased view, based on performanced, availability and price. I would like to create a formal review of the forementioned psu, detailing its performance as well as aesthetics. If Mushkin is interested please let me know. OCZ made a great transition to PSU's, I wish you guys luck as well.

p.s Hey Where's my sig? lol

Well... Why? Why?!.. Why does it have to be me.... why am i on the other side of the global sitting my big fat college butt on my part time job surfing my favorite forum and not working? Gosh...I hate myself... Worst of all.... i cant enter this contest which make me sad.... Life sux....

Mushkin i just wanna tell u something i love u too, i'll show u i love u more than endlesszeal by.... hmmmm..... marrying u... twice?(well... i can divorce u first then marry u again to show that i cant LIVE W/O YOU) and if u come with a pair of nice leg (2 x 1gb redline would be fine :) ) with some serious heavy "top" asset (XP-650w is enough for me to gorged on for rest of my ... life...) i'll be a happy man... Mushkin i just wanna let ya know Life Sux but with u in my life(case), life would be a different dimension.