tooth extraction

LOL. My father in law always told me: “Be true to your teeth, or they will be false to you.”

That is also hanging in my dentists office. Seems like there is a 3rd one, but I can’t remember what it is.

A little OT here, but this is a sign my dentist has outside his office. Do you think my dentist plays golf?

66050275.nmTVtkRc.dentist_sign02_1654.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of my wisdom's pulled 2 weeks ago...and the one from the opposite side is...ermm, submerged? in the bone...so they have to but my jaw with some kind of dremel...i think i might bring some modders mesh to the dentist so i get a nice bezel effect in my mouth (???????????????????) LOL

Anyway...i hope it gois ok...a cutting disc spinning at 33000rpm in my mouth is not my idea of FUN.

i had mine removed last year whilst they were in the bud stage, and it was still terrible. woke up the next morning with this nasty fat clot of blood in my mouth and on my pillow. mine were about the size of a large pea.

edit @ KC:

i have herd some kind of stories about them stones, something along the lines of "its worse than a female in labour". i had a really small one about the size of a grain of sand that caused a UTI and kidney infection, been drinking water ever since :).

I feel your guy's pain

I ruptured my appendix my freshman year of college. Here's how it started:

I have a pretty horrible weekend, all I do is sleep. On one of my many trips to the bathroom to go dry heave, I finally can't take the pain any more. We call an ambulance and they take me to the hospital.

After a couple of basic checks, they diagnose me with food poisoning, and send me back to my dorm with a prescription for some food poisoning medicine.

At this point, I'm too damn sick to even tempt to make it to the pharmacist's, so I go back to bed.

A couple hours later, on one of my routine trips to the bathroom (dry heaving again), I collapse in the hallway, from the sheer amount of pain. My RA gets me another ambulance.

The EMTs get there, after my friends have helped me out of the hallway. They then procede to ask me why I'm not taking my meds.

Now...by this time I'm in no mood to argue, and I just start yelling at them, for them to take me back to the hospital.

Fast forward to the hospital...

After a couple x-rays and a CAT scan, they finally determine that I've got a severly ruptured appendix, and need to be rushed immediately into surgery.

I briefly meet the surgeon (probably around 3 or 4 AM), and he explains the procedure. Then they put me under. I must have been out for a damn long time, because the next thing I know, I wake up in a hospital room, the following afternoon.

I'm in the hospital for a week, and then out of class for another 2.5 weeks.

Later on, my mom tells me how much the hospital bill was. Around $12000. WOW. Thank God, all we had to pay was about $250 (we've got an awesome health insurance plan)

Moral of the story: Health insurance good, and stick up for yourself.

PS: I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted during a spring break (senior year, high school). That turned me into a chipmunk for a while

Here's a Movie to watch before going to the dentist ( the trailer anyway)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116075/traile...lay-E13241-10-2

Two things for after getting wisdoms Yanked

Vicodin & Bud, beer

(some could interpret that as three things:) )

I remember when mine were pulled, I had a Throbbing Headache for three frickin days

Hope the extraction site is healing well!

If ya got any more that have to go, get them all out in one sitting preferably under sedation or GA. Sure, you're gonna feel miserable and look like a chipmunk for a coupla days but its better than going throught the same procedure another 3 times at random points in your life (IMHO).

First post sig test since I cant find a scratch post :)

I had 1 of mine pulled out a few weeks ago ! The dentist could see how much i was dreadin it! 3 injections then told me too leave n wait for 20 mins. I felt nothin luckily "crunch crunch " then POP. GONE

Now i can only eat with my rightside :mad:

Well, thats it, another wisdom tooth extracted(impacted) :P

This one hurted a bit...but nothing extreme.

THe worst part was the mini dremel and its horrible noises....really freak me out.

Anyway im off to bed.

Talk to ya later guys :P