tooth extraction

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain… Hope you feel better soon.

I had 3 giant wisdom teeth pulled at age 36, they say it’s worse the older you get and I have to believe them. The teeth were sideways and the size of my thumb, the surgeon ended up breaking my lower jaw while pulling them out. I was spitting up blood for 2 days and small pieces of bone were still working their way out of my gums 2 months later.

Sorry to be so graphic but it’s something I went through, I’m glad I got it over with.

Just pray you don't have any exposed nerves....3 outta 4 of mine were and it wasn't pleasant at all.

I don't even have the teeth that are supposed to be in front of the wisdom teeth...they just haven't come in except for one. And that one points about 90 degrees from where its supposed to...I got a messed up mouth. *shrug*

Yeah, i just had my impact wisdom pulled from my lower left jaw. yeah, they HAD to put me under, and still I woke up a few times and felt him break it, that was friday, is now monday, am all stiched up and in pain.

I had all four wisdom teeth removed in three weeks.

Top left one week, bottom left the next week then both rights the third week once he had a look at the top and bottom on the left.

I had hardly any pain from any of the extractions and no problems healing.

The nightmare!!!

I had an auto accident and broke a tooth right behind the right top canine tooth.

It took them two hours to get me out of the car and I swear I was about to lose my mind from the pain. They couldn't give me anything for pain until they cut the car from around me and got me to the hospital. Between the spilled Diesel fuel and gasoline they were being very careful after they removed the Tractor Trailer off my car.

Due to the traffic jam caused by the accident, it took another hour to get to the hospital.

My Dentist was called and was waiting at the emergency room. They let him give me a local for the tooth but it just barely took the edge off the pain.

I was in the emergency room for six hours while they tried to find something wrong with me. I swear they seemed frustrated that I wasn't seriously hurt.

Finally the next morning my Dentist was able to remove the shattered root that was left in my jaw.

I have no idea what I hit to shatter the tooth but I must have been smiling because I didn't even have a busted lip or bruise.

BTW I was hit from behind by an 18 Wheeler going almost 70MPH. He fell asleep at the wheel after driving 20 hours straight. Traffic stopped due to an accident hundreds of cars ahead and he never saw me. The Tractor was on top of my car and pushed through sixteen more cars before it stopped.

Hmmm...

I had all four of my wisdom teeth yanked at once when I was 17. The oral surgeon put me under and loaded me up with narcotics for the pain. I had two days of drugged bliss before the drugs ran out and I was left with a dull ache, and a lot of school work to catch up on.