Need Advice Moving out of New York.

P.T.K.

Halvis

Track 5 LOL

Al & TN get Tornado's, I have not found good paying jobs in Ga, I thought SC had a bad crime rate?

Some people keep telling me not to leave, to be careful because the southern states do not like Yankees ( I don't either in some ways shh...)

Bears, Hurricanes & TORNADO'S!! OH MY!!LOL

Windows, Dell & Gates!! (on my computer) OH NO!!

Sorry that was bad it is getting late.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long Island is very expensive. I'm 16 and don't see myself living here as an adult. My father is looking towards alabama and much of the family has moved to florida.

The current booming trend though seems to be NC. I hear about friends who have bought houses there and people talking about moving there. It used to be going from Long Island to Florida I guess it's going to North Carolina now. I guess 30k can do you good in NC but on Long Island yeah right.

You are absolutely right.

You can make 30K in NC and live in comfort, here on Long Island you will barely survive.

Some of my Family lives in Florida. Every time I went there To my cousins Farm I ended up in the hospital. From the bugs. Plus Florida reminds me of the south park Country chicken episode.

Go to GA. Atlanta is the fastest growing city in America. Extremely affordable housing. Good schools (especially higher education, no tuition due to HOPE scholarship!). Great weather.

And plus, ATL is much safer than everyone else makes it out to be. Plus, the suburbs just rock. Oh, and cheap houses you can buy. Lots of tech jobs due to the fast expansion of the city.

Raleigh/Durham is very nice.....Not too sure if you are going to find houses in that price range there....I have a friend who lives in Roanoke Rapids, I would be glad to get you some local listings....Raleigh/Durham is close to Chapel Hill and Duke University.....I am sure you were aware of this....My wife and I live in Southeast Virginia. 5min from the N.C. Border, and we have been house shopping for a while. I would suggest Hampton Roads as there are many outer lying areas being developed....Big FARMLAND AREAS, Warm Climate and Close to Big Metro Area(20-30min)...Norfolk/Portsmouth/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Newport News/Hampton :) :)

If you could I would greatly appreciate it.

I love big FARMLAND areas, we want a few acres of land. We were thinking of renting in an apartment building then shopping for land to build a house rather then buying one, we found that it would be cheaper to build. Reelfiles said he rather get an old house. I love old country houses, but they might be to expensive.

My aunt and uncle did that.

They lived on a farm then moved to the city (with 2 sons). A few years ago they moved to a small place in wisconsin with an old house (actually a very nice sized one), a huge barn, a smaller barn for the chickens, sheep, and goats, granary, woodshed, garage, and there was something else but it fell down.

They have been working on it since (still do a lot every summer) and it looks great. Nothing has been repainted, but for the 10 horses they have it is pretty great.

Only problem their commute was like an hour... now they work from home (aunt makes A LOT per job, and uncle works as a painter)

You will be suprised at the price of Big old Farmhouses....Fairly resonable, the big thing right now is NEW. They are putting in sub-divisions in all over the place....They are packing them in, that is what people want, it seems like...I am originally from upstate N.Y. (Country) You WILL FIND big farmhouses reasonably priced down here.....PM me and I will get you some listings...:)