Need Advice Moving out of New York.

P.T.K.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama is a great place to live. I have a lot of old friends down there.

West river section of South Dakota also has a lot of nice, small towns if your into that thing. Rapid City has about 65,000 people, with a great atmosphere, only bad thing is the elderly drive like **** here.

The Black Hills are very beautiful in spring and fall, lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation. Can't forget Mount Rushmore and the various caves we have. Fishing, Hunting, biking, hiking, great restaurants are all within a 15-20 minute drive.

Rush-hour? Whats that?

Also the schools have high-standards curriculum/achievement-wise, I did all my schooling in Denver, Colorado and was surprised to see the level of achievement they require here.

Also the local Fedex drivers are awesome! :P Always helps when your building a new computer or recieving a nice part they'll ask "Hows the computer going?" Instead of UPS's sign here or I'll use the box as a football, oh wait... I already did.

Alabama is a great place to live. I have a lot of old friends down there.

Also the local Fedex drivers are awesome! :P Always helps when your building a new computer or recieving a nice part they'll ask "Hows the computer going?" Instead of UPS's sign here or I'll use the box as a football, oh wait... I already did.

That's always good to hear, but not really one of my deciding factors, LOL. ;)

Well Bro N.C is a good State! I lived in Wilmington North Carolina on the Coast and had a great time! But I dont know of the rest of the state is but wheer I lived it was very hard finding and keeping work and that was a port town and also wher they film alot of movies and such! Dawsons Creek is filmed in Wilmingtom mostly Wrightsville Beach. I have a good friend of mine that grew up in N.J with me and he still lives down there and usualy goes and lives in Florida couple of Time a year and that seems like the better choice as he is always working compared to when he is in Wilmington. But the Raleigh and Durham areas sound jamming dont have first hand knowledge of them though! Charlottesvill is a good choice too I guess.

Might I suggest.... COSTA RICA....:D Great Blue Marlin Fishing and you can take $50,000.00 over there and live like a king!!!! I have friends of mine from N.C that went there for vacation and actually ended up moveing there and they love it and have not been back to the states since! You can Even get a job working for Alienware... cough ....cough.. I mean Dell:D :D

Well Bro N.C is a good State! I lived in Wilmington North Carolina on the Coast and had a great time! Dawsons Creek is filmed in Wilmingtom mostly Wrightsville Beach.

Thats were my idea to move to NC, because Dawson's Creek was filmed there.

I have every season and final episode.

But Wilmington is on the cost and they do get bad hurricanes that is why we picked Durham NC but I do not know how it is in Durham. Besides what I read or see pics of.

are you serious?

wow thats what we want (being near momma and angry :) LOL) but are there good jobs? How long does it take to drive from NY? We can not afford to fly all our stuff anywhere (I think it is very expensive).

Looks like we are going to Durham, NC in the spring.

Long Island is very expensive. I'm 16 and don't see myself living here as an adult. My father is looking towards alabama and much of the family has moved to florida.

The current booming trend though seems to be NC. I hear about friends who have bought houses there and people talking about moving there. It used to be going from Long Island to Florida I guess it's going to North Carolina now. I guess 30k can do you good in NC but on Long Island yeah right.