Need Advice Moving out of New York.

P.T.K.

I have been researching different cities and states to move to.

We do not like living in NY and we can not afford to buy a house here.

I have found that Durham, NC has Computer jobs for ReelFiles and office or school work for me that pays very well $30,000k a year and it is a lot cheaper to live there, then it is in NY.

I also really loved Alabaster Alabama (I believe that is the name), but I think they get tornadoes :confused:

We would like to rent an apartment when we move and then buy or build a house on the outskirts of the city.

If any of you know a better place to move to or any advice or job opportunities, please let me know.

We are Plaining on leaving NY next Spring (I wish it was sooner).

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found Duluth, Minnesota a wonderful place to grow up and be raised

ABA5530.jpg

aerial%20lift%20bridge-2.jpg

The city has about 86,000 residents.

I currently work at St. Mary's Duluth Clinic which employees over 6600 people, including about 300 IS personnel. A technicians salary starts at $40,000.

(I'm only an intern for the summer)

The pictures are of "Canal Park" which is only a tiny section of the city. That's where you would go if you were a tourist!

The cost of living is very, very reasonable compared to Minneapolis, Minnesota.

We are looking to buy a home or build a home that has over an acer of land not to far out of the city. We are not city people.

In NC the rent was between $600-$900 a month and house are $100,000-$275,000.

Does Duluth have that?

You get a lot of Snow right? ReelFiles would ratter have as little snow as possible.

I live out of the city on two acres. On a lake. Our house is worth a little over $800,000 but that's definately not typical. The median home price is somewhere between $150,000 and $250,000. The last couple of winters we haven't been getting too much snow, as in not enough to snowmobile. We also have 74 acres of farm land that we bought for $250,000 about 10 miles out of the city...

Well I can tell you of my personal experience liveing on the Big Isaland of Hawaii. Don't know about tech jobs but if you are into real estate or in the trades you can make a fortune! But its Hawaii and very expensive of course! But as far as you finding a good place to live where you can make really good money well lets put it this way I was makeing $50.00 hr with my work no sweat! And I was employdr as a cabinet maker full time which was actually the first job I had in alot of years where I was not working for myself and was makeing $30.00 and the best benefits that money could get!!! But as you see from my location I am in Las Vegas but that is because on a trip to the Mainland I was involved in a car wreck that severely altered my plans for a while! Butt HAWAII ROCK'S!!!! You wont find a better place to live and the Big Island is the Island where all of the work is and if need be you can commute to Honolulu for Tech work it's only a 25 minute flight...lLOL Here I will give you an example of the kind of money thats over there we did a job for a guy a while back The property lot was 140 million then he put a 40 million dollar house on it!!!:eek: NO ..... I BE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!!!! And on the whole their is such a shortage and demmand in all fields that work is abundent finding a job is not a problem more like the problem being is which one you want to take I can even get you going over there with a place to live I had a condo 3 blocks from the Beach in KAILUA- KONA and you wont be freezing you're butt OFF!!!:D

pish who wants to live in duluth.

Its too cold up there.

I couldn't help you though, because the only homes in my town are like 300,000 bucks (not worth it at all) or apartments (that may go pretty cheap I think)

Problem with Twin Cities, outside of town gets to be a long commute... plus add in traffic

pish who wants to live in duluth.

Its too cold up there.

I couldn't help you though, because the only homes in my town are like 300,000 bucks (not worth it at all) or apartments (that may go pretty cheap I think)

Problem with Twin Cities, outside of town gets to be a long commute... plus add in traffic

Your right it is next to the great lakes. ReelFiles wants to go some were it is warm, I do not care where we go as long as we are not in NY.

I would hate the traffic but we want to live in the country not city.

But there is no work in the country so I would have to commute.

But we want to live in an apartment when we move.