Need Advice Moving out of New York.

P.T.K.

Was just going to throw out Northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Montana as an option...probably almost as cold as Canada come winter though.

I'd love to move to Montana...but I have no clue what sort of job I could get out there.

Good luck in NC!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, northern Wisconsin and Minnesota are probably colder than they are looking for, and there's a lot of snow in the winter, but you don't know cold until you're up in the middle of North Dakota and it's -40 outside. Hell, even here in Wyoming it get's down to -20 in the winters fairly regularly.

You might want to consider something in New England. It would be a easier first step for your family and not as drastic a change as somewhere in the deep south (unless of course a drastic change is what you really need).

Connecticut is a really nice place for a kid to grow up and you won't be too far away from your family. It's just a few hours driving distance from NYC, but you'd never know it. Just stay away from Fairfield county - it is just too expensive there.

The southwest is really nice and from my own expereince, its easygoing culture is more compatible than the South for a yankee from the Northeast.

Good luck with the move and here's hoping that you can do it soon!

Thanks, we really appreciate all the info you guys are posting and are looking all over the place per your suggestions. I am pretty flexible in my needs, but Jo (P.T.K.) has some base rules that pretty much eliminate half the U.S, LOL. We still have some time before we'll be done saving up enough cash to get out of here so keep the ideas coming.

We were actually talking abit about CT yesterday, but I'm more inclined to go south (south-west). The country side is so much more appealing to me than suburbia. Keep in mind I grew up in Germany, while I was born in an industrial city, as soon as you left the city line there were fields and lots of open spaces all around. Eventually I moved to several small villages between Heilbronn and Heidelberg, if you know anything about that area you'd get the drift about what I am ideally looking for, but in the U.S. obviously.

These pics are from Munich, but they very much look like the places that I grew up in.

2005-07-Munich-282.jpg

2005-07-Munich-313.jpg

2005-07-Munich-314.jpg

Well I have actually considered Australia myself! My mom is from Brisbane and Dad is from Aukland and more and more I think about going over there back home so to speak. But on the N.C deal ReelFiles N.c is a great state and there are some adjustments but that is to be expected with any move where ever it may be. But on the whole its a beutiful state and quite a change to New York I dont know if you guys reside in the city but i'm from Jersey and I liked it!! And for the West deal NOT!!!! How did you put it scumbagism..lol.. beleive me dude stay on the east coast much more hospitality vs the West Coast its like a free for all cluster F***ck out here and like I said the South is quite beutiful and would be more to you're likeing copletely different way of life and much nicer people that and Hawaii are the only places I will endorse for a move and I have lived in all parts of the country the midwest is nice but uyou know you're gonna freeze you're butt off ...Go South Young Man!!!!!

You might want to consider something in New England. It would be a easier first step for your family and not as drastic a change as somewhere in the deep south (unless of course a drastic change is what you really need).

Connecticut is a really nice place for a kid to grow up and you won't be too far away from your family. It's just a few hours driving distance from NYC, but you'd never know it. Just stay away from Fairfield county - it is just too expensive there.

The southwest is really nice and from my own expereince, its easygoing culture is more compatible than the South for a yankee from the Northeast.

Good luck with the move and here's hoping that you can do it soon!

Thank you so much. Like ReelFiles said we were looking at CT last night. Do you know any good towns or counties that can look into? Someone told me Watertown was nice.

Thank you to everyone for all your help, keep it coming We appreciate everything :)

I was wondering if anyone knows about Litchfield county in CT. which towns are the best for our needs?

edit: Take a look at the land for sale in NC I found. HERE . Does anyone know if these towns are good?

Ashville is the furniture makeing capital of the country! But looking at those places and you guys cant afford to move to Hawaii? I wish I was broke on you're level! Best places in North Carolina as far as work goes would be around Raleigh and Durham or Greensville.

Charlestown South Carolina has alot goin on me personally I prefer coastal areas and from what I know of Conneticut is that its a rich mans game pretty much their any more and I cant speek on that one.

Guest Blooz1

P.T.K.-

Honestly, you can't afford Litchfield County! You practically have to be a millionaire to live here! Jobs are evaporating rapidly, real estate prices are obscene, and taxes are worse!

It's a beautiful place, but......