Need Advice Moving out of New York.

P.T.K.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one in Cary is nice but... if it was a house. Looks like retirement home. lol

Jacksonville looks decent: Clubhouse is funny though... The entrance looks like a church.

I'd agree with the previous post... even though I hate buildings. Looks best.

Be advised that Fayetteville is home to the largest military base in the U.S. in population. I guess a lot of the GI's are gone now but that just makes the area economicly (sp) depressed. If ya'll are going for a high tech position the Raleigh area is best for that. Plus Fayetteville is in the sand hills with sandspurs and pines and scrub oaks and that's about it. I put 21 years in Fayetteville as my dad was stationed there in the 82nd and then I did 3 years. As far as hurricanes, the coast does get it's share, but inland there have been 3 in 60 years, it's just two happened in the same year. The last one knocked a tree over in my sister's yard and a root split her house in two. Took out half the trees on my acre in Erwin. Bugs are bad. It is friggin' hhot! And the humidity hovers around 90%. I'm not tring to discourage you about NC, just tring to let you know some of the down sides so you can make an better decision. No matter where you settle in NC, you'll be able to find land. But I'd say the piedmont is the best area.

The one in Cary is nice but... if it was a house. Looks like retirement home. lol

Jacksonville looks decent: Clubhouse is funny though... The entrance looks like a church.

I'd agree with the previous post... even though I hate buildings. Looks best.

I hate buildings too. It would only be for a little while until we find if we like it down there and find a house or land that we like.

Be advised that Fayetteville is home to the largest military base in the U.S. in population. I guess a lot of the GI's are gone now but that just makes the area economicly (sp) depressed. If ya'll are going for a high tech position the Raleigh area is best for that. Plus Fayetteville is in the sand hills with sandspurs and pines and scrub oaks and that's about it. I put 21 years in Fayetteville as my dad was stationed there in the 82nd and then I did 3 years. As far as hurricanes, the coast does get it's share, but inland there have been 3 in 60 years, it's just two happened in the same year. The last one knocked a tree over in my sister's yard and a root split her house in two. Took out half the trees on my acre in Erwin. Bugs are bad. It is friggin' hhot! And the humidity hovers around 90%. I'm not tring to discourage you about NC, just tring to let you know some of the down sides so you can make an better decision. No matter where you settle in NC, you'll be able to find land. But I'd say the piedmont is the best area.

Thank you for the information, definitely not going to Fayetteville.

When we move ReelFiles might start working in drywall first (he does drywall here); do you or anyone else know of anybody down there that does drywall that might need help?

This are the only apartments I found in the Raleigh Durham area:

My fav Willow Brook Durham

Bexley at Preston, Morrisville

Timber Hollow Chapel Hill, this one is to small but it is cheaper.

Thank you again you and everyone else here has been so helpful I appreciate iit :)

OOOW the Mahoghany.... Just kiddin! Like I had said prior if its tech jobs that you want to end up in then the Raleigh /Durham Area is gonna be where its at, forgot about all the horny GI'S ...lol And as far as the weather goes its not that bad you just live with it and execpt it and that about it.

Yanno, I am ALL for doing your research over the internet, asking opinions, etc... but are you SERIOUSLY going to make a decision on what area and what apartment to move to simply based on what you can glean from the www and what we have to say about it???

I mean, are you gone to move without HAVING a job to go to in that area, first and foremost?

PLEASE, drive, walk, fly or beam down to the places your considering and check all this stuff out IN THE FLESH, out BEFORE renting a UHAUL! (or whatever)

Yanno, I am ALL for doing your research over the internet, asking opinions, etc... but are you SERIOUSLY going to make a decision on what area and what apartment to move to simply based on what you can glean from the www and what we have to say about it???

I mean, are you gone to move without HAVING a job to go to in that area, first and foremost?

PLEASE, drive, walk, fly or beam down to the places your considering and check all this stuff out IN THE FLESH, out BEFORE renting a UHAUL! (or whatever)

We are definitely going to visit NC before we make our final decision. All the companies we apply to fro jobs say to relocate then come in for an interview.

And if by some reason we do not like it down there we will visit some were else.