Thermalright HR-05 SLI review

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered one (sorry, svc was out of stock on the non-sli version... but I will use them for my next round of upgrades). Will post pics of it with 7800GT's in SLI with maze 4 waterblocks if anyone wants to see. Should be in by the middle of this week, so next weekend and I should know whether it works or not. huangteng, did you notice any temp drops, or is the big benefit just the loss of fan noise? Not that the temps are that critical on this board (idling now at 44C), but cooler is always better.

Seeing this sure saved me from trying my old switech cooler on the chipset. That thing is way heavy, and the mounting tabs make it too wide to fit in between the cards.

Did you read the thread at all?

I know its frustrating but i know how annoying it is to have to troll through hours of reading to find an answer to a problem, i've spent hours and hours since i joined this forum reading thread upon thread to find the answers i need, it would just be cool to have an "ask a question" section to the forum where people can post simple questions and other more expierinced users like yourself can choose to help or not.

I'm not being pedantic about this i can just see both sides of the coin...

Or maybe i should just keep my opinions to myself heh =]

I know its frustrating but i know how annoying it is to have to troll through hours of reading to find an answer to a problem, i've spent hours and hours since i joined this forum reading thread upon thread to find the answers i need, it would just be cool to have an "ask a question" section to the forum where people can post simple questions and other more expierinced users like yourself can choose to help or not.

I wasn't complaining that he asked questions already answered, I was just wondering if perhaps he did read the whole thread and perhaps his question wasn't answered. For example, he mentioned something about temps, but I'm sure someone had to've said something about temps. So I was mostly just trying to be helpful.

totally defeats the purpose of the forum and teaching users to take a moment to search and read thoroughly

everyone wants the fast answer without any doing any work themselves, and this just can't happen if we want to keep a good functioning, well organized forum where every worthy members has to read read read, learn learn learn, search search search so they can find for themselves the answers they seek, and at the same time, set a good example for others as well as teaching others the importance of such a thing.

Laziness is ok for some, but here, every question has already been asked and answered for any product that is out in our user's hands...so instead of answering teh same question 2,120 times, we tell you to search for it because we don't really feel like answering it for the 2,121st time.

I know exactly what your saying and i agree to a point all i'm saying is its like driving a ferrari, it would be amazing and i'd love to do it but i wouldnt want to know every single component in the car and how it worked to make it as fast as it was... i'd just want to drive the thing, life's too short sometimes thats all i'm saying.

It was just a thought that i had Happy_Games thats all, but you gotta remember that not everyone's as good with PC's as you are and by the same token your not as good as me at floorlaying lol =]

I wasn't trying to offend anyone i was just offering a suggestion, personally i like trolling through the threads and i have since i joined the site!

Enough rambling heh

I know exactly what your saying and i agree to a point all i'm saying is its like driving a ferrari, it would be amazing and i'd love to do it but i wouldnt want to know every single component in the car and how it worked to make it as fast as it was... i'd just want to drive the thing, life's too short sometimes thats all i'm saying.

It was just a thought that i had Happy_Games thats all, but you gotta remember that not everyone's as good with PC's as you are and by the same token your not as good as me at floorlaying lol =]

I wasn't trying to offend anyone i was just offering a suggestion, personally i like trolling through the threads and i have since i joined the site!

Enough rambling heh

life is too short to be lazy

don't be lazy

use the search function

if you don't know how to use the search function, the Tutorials section has a Search Tutorial. It will teach you how to search. Searching is good for you.

Not everyone is as good with pc's. But everyone learned how to search in school. It started with the Card Catalogue so you could find a book in teh library by author, title, or subject. You learned this from elementary school on. Searching is no different anywhere else, especially on the internet.

I'm not trying to be rude, but the search function is there for a reason.

Too many times lazy people come through asking the SAME question that was asked 3 threads down 5 minutes ago, and then they get butt-hurt when we close it and tell them to SEARCH like they are offended that we actually boo hoo made them use their lazy brain.

I don't like answering the same question 2,120 times. I think I already said this.

If you like answering the same question 2,120 times, then you may go around to each and every thread repeating answers for everyone that asks the same question that has already been answered more times than we can count.

If everyone always gives you the answer...what did you learn?

you learned that being lazy is cool cuz everyone will give you the answer.

if you have to learn how to search to find the info you need...then what did you learn?

You learned how to figure it out yourself so when there's no one around to help you, you won't be helpless and flapping on the ground like an escaped goldfish.

(give a man a fish, he eats for a day....teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime)

happy I have some questions for you.Wich one would you reccomend for my motherboard?The SLI or the non-SLi one?Im thinking of doing SLi so I'd guess the SLI but I think the non-SLI will fit between the two slots.Does it or does it not?