Fed up with Newegg RAM classification!

fst h2o

I hate the new system! I hate how some things constitute as "gaming" memory. And yet the OCZ 2x512 2-2-2-5 timing RAM isn't rated as "gaming" memory. I really hate how the choose it and it is a huge hassle to find browse.

E-mail sent!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be a pill mike...;)

LOL "pill"!

I sent them a "poison pill" email the very day they started the new classification since it messes me up on orders just as much as everyone else.

I also called customer service and was told they have no plans to change the classifications because they learned from "feedback" that people were confused as to which RAM to buy.

As I stated, it looks like the only hope we have is that they soon return the "overall" search function.

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We do apologize for this. We at Newegg take all criticism as constructive so that we can use any useful suggestions to better our business practices and ourselves. I have forwarded your thoughts to upper management to review. They will share your input with the appropriate parties who will in turn take any action required to remedy the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you,

Bruno Guo

Edit:::Sounds like a bunch of placating to me...::

Guest Blooz1

I received one of those replies too - just a "knee-jerk" automated response.

Oh well, I guess at least it lets you know it got there!

I sent one too.

To be honest I don't see any ulterior reason for why Newegg would make this memory classification between "Standard" and "Gaming", so the key is for us to outwhine the ones who want the classification. And I feel this outwhining is entirely possible :)

I got a canned "we don't recommend products" response to the three emails I sent regarding the "category" search.

All they have to do is provide a search with global memory results just like they used to and we'd all be fine.

The two "managers" that I talked to were pretty emphatic about them keeping the change because that's what the "customer" wants. This means there's more money for newegg in the way they drive the search.