Hiper

doodle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

I have no idea why u guys wanna buy 1 of those Craps but my pieces of advice is.... DONT!!! I brought it under the influence of the some lame website forum(i suspect they are getting commission from the local community that sell it) and the "HOTTEST"(Hottest my singaporean Arse) selling item.. Ok ok, i was green, very green then, other than the very sleek looks of the PSU, its came with a nice purplish with black toolbox to contain the psu. Firstly, i have trouble with the length of the module cable they came with, secondly i had so much trouble with it i had to bring it down a shop to check wat is wrong, only to find out the module cable came with it was faulty!! NOT ONE BUT TWO!!! GODDAMN IT(its my first build...) waste my 50 sing dollar = 31.25USD just to find out its the cable... NVM... i went home, after another day, i fix everything up and tidy up all the cable to maximize airflow and the minimise the water resistance on my miserly small water cooler, i cant even run my system without crashing esp. in gameplay!!! GOSH!! I tried, i post here, read forum but god forbid it i waste another 4 days trying to figure out wat wrong, i went back to a comp shop again.... to find.... out..... my...... PSU CANT PRODUCED A STEADY JUICE AND IT AINT TRUE POWER!!! THEY SHOW IT TO ME.... GOSH NOW I"M SooOOOoooOO DAMN PISSED!!!! I tried to sell it and now no one wanna buy it!!! SO MUCH FOR a HOTTEST SELLER..

Icez84@

You are one "so damn pissed" fellow and I feel sorry for you...

... however your rant is kind of useless. Why? Because no manufacturer is perfect and it might take some time for a new company to get their production in order.

Do I have any experience concerning Hiper, or am I simply talking nonsense? Actually I have had a Type-R unit which had a faulty cable and that led to a nicely fried optical device. Was I mad? Hell yes, but I got excellent support from Hiper: I got a brand new optical device of my choice, and a new PSU.

Stability? Hm, that's the most strange part of your story. Either your talking about one of the very first Type-R units to hit the market, which did have some problems but it was later corrected, or your reseller has some non-reliable providers, selling units which have not passed quality controls. Anyhow you'll find a whole lot of users on this forum who have had good experience in using Hiper Type-R 580W, and stability hasn't been an issue, even though most prefer non-modular PSU:s.

You have the right to feel "pissed", but don't let it go out of proportions.

Hiper type-R 580w PSUs are decent in my opinion. They are fine for single Video card set-ups. I don't even game all that much and my cards are low level for SLI. My Hiper unit poured out hot air all the time and I am sure it would have failed sooner than later.

It's a tough unit but not meant for higher ended systems.

Happy_Games, have you had time to test these units yourself as previously stated?( Assuming you are not spending all your time playing with Intel.)

Icez84: I realize that it's natural to believe that one's personal experiences take precedence over everyone else's experiences, but this is not always the case. Your problems with your PSU indicate that your particular PSU has problems, but a sample case of 1 is not sufficient to determine that a PSU is intrinsically flawed.

For example, I brought 2x sticks of shiny OCZ Performance DDR400 RAM, and it had errors in Memtest and had to be sent back, but you haven't seen me start posting about how OCZ is crap and overrated and people should all buy GSkill instead.

The Hiper Type R's are "ok" PSU's, good enough but not great.

They were added to the recommended list for our UK/EU members because of their availability & price.

These are recommended only for single GPU, as the max combined is only +12V@30A.

Anyone in North America can do much better for the same or less money.

Dave ;)

ok... i guess deep down inside i know i'm just pissed n being abit bias and unfair... But again i'm just a mortal, i still cant bring myself to recommend it to any1 else.. Its just a fair fair psu... but i still wanna sell it :) Btw, i'm not sure whether did i brought a first patch, but i took one of the last 2 just the store last oct or early nov in Singapore & its aint really cheap i paid abt 210 sing dollar which equivalent to $131.25USD or 70 Pound.... anyway, hope u guys have better lucks with it then it has with me.

so far mine been runing soild 24/7:)

and i paid 100us on newegg.com and to me its worth any penny for what you get:)

just like KimTjik and K2Grey said

nothing is perfect

thats even OCZ and any other higher brand.

I doubt that you are pulling over 300W's, so I'm sure this 580W PSU is doing well! :)