Hiper

doodle

The connectors are indeed good, and the design also makes it impossible to by mistake switch cables. It run my rig flawlessly and stable. My impression is that Hiper is serious about making good quality units.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops ...

I just read this on Hyper's own website on the 580W LINK

4.HIPER Type R 580W series does not support Intel Pentium Extreme Edition CPU (dual core) as it requires EPS12V (i.e. an 8 pin ATX +12V connector).

Type R 580W series does not provide 8 pin ATX +12V connector.

We do not recommend using any adaptor that allows conversion of any form of connectors into 8 pin ATX +12V connector.

That pretty much kills the Hyper for Expert, Venus, and any other DFI boards which REQUIRE an EPS conector.

And just when it was begining to sound sexy!

I will take my 2 OCDB entires using the Hiper PSU and say it's a decent power supply. I have used it for almost a year in various PCs and have yet to find anything that leads me to believe it's not up to par. I will look forward to your findings, Happy Games.

i told you what the problem with modular power supplies is - if you want hardcore proof, go buy yourself a DMM and measure voltage drops on rails - that should convince you

edit:

im not saying you will have that on every single modular psu, but its a general con

Yes they are unique to to the Type R's, and as they are made in the UK i'm going to stick up for them(makes a change from Stateside psu's getting all the glory):D

I will second that, I have recommended these to everyone that is on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, these PSU are not so cheap in the USA so I’m lead to believe just like OZC are not such good value over here, So it may seem a lot of money to pay for something that your not familiar with, However these are still dam good PSU for the money, but if you can afford to get better then you should be getting the OCZ 700W PSU will prove to better value in the long run! There are loads of members using Hyper Type R's on here and I don’t recall any problems reported by there users, that should be testimonial in its self!

i told you what the problem with modular power supplies is - if you want hardcore proof, go buy yourself a DMM and measure voltage drops on rails - that should convince you

edit:

im not saying you will have that on every single modular psu, but its a general con

M8 you don't need proof, just trust, and if majority of users say its good then that’s good enough for me! So I trust Happy Gamer will report back with the results with a detailed honest opinion, it may not be the same as yours but majority rule @ the end of the day!

I use the adapter

I'm really not on the blanket "anti-modular" bandwagon - at least not yet.

Still, I guess I just don't get it, sometimes.

Who do you not believe; DFI engineers and techs. or the Hyper PSU engineers and techs?

And perhaps more importantly, why would you ignore what they recomend?

I refer to the recomendation to use an EPS 8 pin conector on the Expert motherboard.

I'm really not trying to "get on your case" here, but feel I must have missed something, and want to get the reasoning behind your point of view.

I'm really not on the blanket "anti-modular" bandwagon - at least not yet.

Still, I guess I just don't get it, sometimes.

Who do you not believe; DFI engineers and techs. or the Hyper PSU engineers and techs?

And perhaps more importantly, why would you ignore what they recomend?

I refer to the recomendation to use an EPS 8 pin conector on the Expert motherboard.

I'm really not trying to "get on your case" here, but feel I must have missed something, and want to get the reasoning behind your point of view.

My reasoning is my PC is stable. I ran 2 seperate instances of dual Prime 95 custom tests using 400 MB of ram for my 2x512 memory and one using 900MB ram for my 2x1024 memory for over 8 hours. On both occasions I passed easily. According to SmartGuardian my cpu temps were 49-50c, PWMIC never got above 35c and my chipset temps were around 44c. You can find my results in the OCDB. If this power supply fails I will get a new power supply. I am from the old school that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I appreciate your information and thanks for your concern. :)

The OP asked about these power supplies and I gave my opinion along with some good evidence of it's stability on a demanding motherboard.

just got my hiper yesterday and so far its stable as a rock:)

my volts just siting is 12.12 and load is 12.12 and sometimes 12.11 but stays on 12.12 98% of the time.

and everywere i go i herd good things about them:)

and xoxide forums trust them 100% so far noone had problems.

just got my hiper yesterday and so far its stable as a rock:)

my volts just siting is 12.12 and load is 12.12 and sometimes 12.11 but stays on 12.12 98% of the time.

and everywere i go i herd good things about them:)

and xoxide forums trust them 100% so so noone had problems.

The Hiper should be more thasn enough for your system, however I wouldn't put too much trust in xoxide forums.