Please Help With Watercooling Setup

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For tubing use 7/16'' instead of 1/2''.

If you want to play around with a hair dryer....Its very difficult or can be difficult to fit the 7/16 on 1/2 barbs, especially when putting them on pumps...1/2 will make things easier....

If you want to play around with a hair dryer....Its very difficult or can be difficult to fit the 7/16 on 1/2 barbs, especially when putting them on pumps...1/2 will make things easier....

i heard it is very easy to fit 7/16 on 1/2 barbs if you dip it in boiling water for a second, but what is the point of using 7/16 tubing instead of 1/2?

i just got home from work so im going to start measuring and see if i can pull off using two rads, im getting a stealth GTS radiator but danger den sells a Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice and a X-Flow Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice, they are the same price and im just wondering what the difference is, im thinking the x flow has to do with how the water flows through the rad but im not sure?

It's surprisingly easy to get them on metal barbs, but plastic is a pain in the butt.

Do not get the X-Flow, they claim lower flow drop but that's only with radiators that are designed as single pass radiators. The X-flow is simply a dual pass radiator with different end tanks, and compared to the normal GTS, it performs worse.

Also, your setup won't work like that. Connect the fillport to the pump inlet, not outlet.

It's surprisingly easy to get them on metal barbs, but plastic is a pain in the butt.

Do not get the X-Flow, they claim lower flow drop but that's only with radiators that are designed as single pass radiators. The X-flow is simply a dual pass radiator with different end tanks, and compared to the normal GTS, it performs worse.

Also, your setup won't work like that. Connect the fillport to the pump inlet, not outlet.

I've got the X-Flow and it is single pass. I am very very happy with it.

To answer the question and skip the debate...X-flow is a single pass radiator..and the other is a Two Pass style radiator...

I would recommend two pass for your set up...

Uncledavid has a 360mm radiator X-flow ...not having the large space to fit such a raditor means you want to get all the cooling you can..hence the two pass style

ok so im going to get the Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice and not the x flow version. does anybody now where i can find the dimensions of the rad, i cant find it on dangerdens site. i need to see if i will be able to cut my 80MM fan on top to 120MM and fit a rad on there.

does anybody know why people use 7/16 instead of 1/2?

is there any right way to run everything, do i have to go thorugh my GPU first or my CPU and should i go throguh the rads first or last or does it matter?

ok so im going to get the Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice and not the x flow version. does anybody now where i can find the dimensions of the rad, i cant find it on dangerdens site. i need to see if i will be able to cut my 80MM fan on top to 120MM and fit a rad on there.

does anybody know why people use 7/16 instead of 1/2?

is there any right way to run everything, do i have to go thorugh my GPU first or my CPU and should i go throguh the rads first or last or does it matter?

Set a 120 mm fan up and see if that fits....if it does with about 1/4" of room on any side then you should be good to go....

About the tubing...some people like the tighter fit...the 1/2 is a good fit and easy to tighten with clamps...

A right way to run things...the first thing I do is run the outlet of the pump to the inlet of the CPU water block...

DangerDen.com has a video of the exact setup that you are looking at getting...check out the instrucitons section...the video will tell you everything you need to know..

The X-Flow is single pass, yes. But it isn't designed as a single pass radiator. It's a normal GTS (Dual pass design) with different end tanks, making it ''single pass''. That's why the flow drop compared to the normal GTS is near nothing and temps are actually worse.

People use 7/16''ID tubing because it looks better and it actually has better flow. I wouldn't expect temperature differences though. You have better flow because the barb->tube transition is smoother so you don't have any turbulence.

ok i am able to cut my 80mm fan to 120mm then mount the rad there.

picture015tm2.th.jpg

but after watching the video from dangerden where the guy mounted the rad and fan almost right at the front of the case like in this picture...

picture013uk0.th.jpg

i kinda like that idea, so im thinking im going to leave my 80mm fan and put the rad beside that towards the front like the guy from danger den did.

im just getting ready to place my order and im ordering the maze4 with ram sinks for my GPU, but there are so many versions of the maze4...

there is the acetal maze4, and i dont know what acetal is...

there is the brass maze4

there is the chrome maze4

and there is the plain maze4

im assuming that the brass and the chrome ones are just for personal preference but what is acetal?

and when i go to order my rads it asks if i want high flow fittings or perfect seal fitting, again im assuming that this is just personal preference of whether you want a better seal or better flow, but i just want to be sure im ordering the right thing?

for clamps danger den sells these http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...2&cat=33&page=1

are these good clamps or what should i use for clamps?

for tubing im going to buy the tygon 3603 but how do i know how much feet im going to need, what is a good amount to buy to be sure i have enough?

sorry to ask so many questions but i just want to be sure im doing this right. thanks to anyone that can answer any of my questiuons