Please Help With Watercooling Setup

Ive decided to take the dive into watercooling. I already decided that im going to watercool my CPU and GPU, but i dont think im going to watercool my chipset. Ive done alot of reading on the internet and ive got an idea of what i need but im trying to decide between getting my stuff from swiftech or dangerden. If i order from swiftech i think im going to get Swiftech Storm CPU waterblock, Black Ice Pro Rad, Swiftech MCP655 water pump. But im wondering which company is better or what everybody recommends.

I also need help deciding where im going to place everything, i understand that its best to put your reservoir higher up in your case and put your pump near the bottom, but i need some ideas of how im going to fit everything in my case.

Im going to add a picture of my case im not sure if im even going to be able to fit everything i need in there.

picture009vd1.th.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

orientation of the pump goes doesnt really matter. As long as you can get the air purged out of the system, it will work just fine. Watercooling the chipset is a waste of time, just get yourself the evercool vc-re and your good to go.

you cant go wrong with Danger Den, great product and customer service to boot. Usually they have some pretty good package deals too. Just a word of advice, get everything you need from them the first time including stuff like clamps, tubing etc. Sending stuff across the border can get expensive, especially if you have to go back a few times for some odds and ends. hope that helps

ok im planning my order from dangerden right now, im going to get a single 120mm fan radiator, is there much difference between the Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice and the Black Ice Pro Radiator or the Black Ice Xtreme Radiator?

For the GPU im thinking of going with the The Danger Den NV-68 because it cools the ram too, or i could go with the Maze4 and buy some ramsinks?

ive still got to decide on a reservoir, im going to buy tygon 2303 for tubing then i just got to get some clamps.

does it look like i have everything covered that i will need?, im having alot of trouble deciding what to buy because dangerden so many different waterblocks and radiator and i dont know how to tell which is best...

I highly recommend the Stealth GT line of radiators. On your 6800, a MAZE4+Ramsinks would be fine, the RAM can go up to a high temperature, and even if you have a little airflow on them they'll be alright.

I also suggest you look at the specials section, they have a TDX CPU Waterblock + DD-D5 Pump Combo for $108.

Are you sure you want a reservoir? Many people here run a t-line/fillport setup.

thanks seandude ill go have a look at the specials section. im not sure what i want right now, i just thought it was better to have a reservoir, im fairly new to watercooling so im not sure.

heres a drawing of my ideas i dont know if they make sense or if they are going to work, can you give me some suggestions on my ideas.

waterct2.th.png

im was going to mount the rad with my 120MM fan in the back of my case but the fan is exhaust so it will be blowing the warm air from my case through the rad

I also have a spot for 2 80MM on the front of my case infront of the hard drives i was going to try and mod that to fit my rad and 120 MM fan there but the air flow is very restricted there i think.

picture010yh3.th.jpg

picture011dt9.th.jpg

When I had my setup up and running I used a Swiftech Storm waterblock for my CPU but everything else in my setup was from Danger Den. IIRC the DD-D5 and Swiftech MCP 655 are both the same Laing pump. As far as VGA waterblocks go I don't know what to tell ya there. Though I agree with SeanDude05 about getting a Black Ice GT radiator.

I highly recommend the Stealth GT line of radiators. On your 6800, a MAZE4+Ramsinks would be fine, the RAM can go up to a high temperature, and even if you have a little airflow on them they'll be alright.

I also suggest you look at the specials section, they have a TDX CPU Waterblock + DD-D5 Pump Combo for $108.

Are you sure you want a reservoir? Many people here run a t-line/fillport setup.

i just jumped into WC too...just wondering whats a t-line/fillport setup? oh yeah looks like u got the right idea for a WC setup guitarguy89

T-Line fill port looks like this...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/watsonte/P1010302.jpg

Its the bet way to do it...

The T-Line runs from the outlet of the Radiator to the inlet of the Pump...The Fill port runs into the top of the T-line...

Also a singel radiator cooling both GFX and CPU may not be enough...You might want to either run dual radiators or find a way to fit a larger radiator in the case...

ok ive drawn a new picture, im planning to cut my existing 80mm fan in the top to a 1200mm then mount a second rad there, im also ditching the reservoir and im going to instal a fillport on the top of the case,

heres my new idea

waterku7.th.png

im not sure if i will be able to fit a second rad in the top, but im off to work for now, ill do some measureing when i get home