Ultra X-connect?

BigD6997

well i have the chance to get a ultra x-connect 500watt power supply for $19.99

will this work well with a x2 3800+ on a Dfi expert with a x1800xt?

has anyone had problems with this psu?

i need another psu for a server im building and this one looks cooler than my antec smartpower 500watt but does it work as well or better?

thnx

BigD

In my opinion, I would not buy an Ultra-X Connect. All they have been for most people is a problem. I used to own one myself, and my voltages were always off. I finally went for an Antec Truepower 24-pin instead of trying to pull off the 20 on a 24-pin trick.

I just went from an Athlon 64 3200+ to an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and the X-connect was unable to power my system sufficiently.

The voltage rails on the Ultra X-Connect are not stable enough for a DFI board. I started having problems with mine the moment I first turned on the computer. I went out and got the one in my sig and haven't had a problem since.

On any DFI board, the PSU is one area you do not want to go cheap on. It will only give you headaches.

thnx for all the suggestions... i guess ill have to stick to my antec sp 500watt and put the ultra xfinity 500watt (not xconnect changed my mind) in the server... THNX everyone

btw its a $70 psu with a $50 m.i.r.

thnx for all the suggestions... i guess ill have to stick to my antec sp 500watt and put the ultra xfinity 500watt (not xconnect changed my mind) in the server... THNX everyone

btw its a $70 psu with a $50 m.i.r.

Why not pick a "Proven Winner" from the PSU Guide? :confused:

DFI PSU Guide: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854