New Bios Mod DFI Expert

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Bios DFI Expert 10.07.06

It would be nice to know what changes you made to this bios.

Tmod

Merlin is good when it comes to bioses. The 406 is working just fine for me right now. I do have a bios savior and a back up bios chip so I may flash it this weekend and do some testing to at least be able to post some info in the thread about it.

Merlin is good when it comes to bioses. The 406 is working just fine for me right now. I do have a bios savior and a back up bios chip so I may flash it this weekend and do some testing to at least be able to post some info in the thread about it.

It would be nice to know from his cryptic 2nd entry if it is tweaked for TCCD...I'm sportin' 4X512 of some Geil One and the highest I can get it stable right now is 250. Be nice if I could get it up to at least 270 with a 180 9/10 divider...

It would be nice to know from his cryptic 2nd entry if it is tweaked for TCCD...I'm sportin' 4X512 of some Geil One and the highest I can get it stable right now is 250. Be nice if I could get it up to at least 270 with a 180 9/10 divider...

Are you using an Expert board or an Ultra-D (as your signature shows)? I think this thread is about the Expert BIOS and how it reacts to TCCD... If you have an Ultra-D, I would think 270MHz (even 4 x DIMMs) would be cake...?!

Are you using an Expert board or an Ultra-D (as your signature shows)? I think this thread is about the Expert BIOS and how it reacts to TCCD... If you have an Ultra-D, I would think 270MHz (even 4 x DIMMs) would be cake...?!

OCDB entry with a mix of Geil One and XBLK is at 264mhz with Ultra D and Opty 150 which was pretty easy. I was hoping for a little more tweakability with the Expert and 2 matched sets of Geil. Getting 4X512 above 260-270 is no easy task on any board unless every lil tid bit is stellar (mobo, cpu/mem controller and memory) not to mention my 146 is running at 3ghz so I'm sure the extra strain aint helping any :eek: (and I won't be giving up my 3g's for a better memory OC :D )

EDIT: Not done with tweaking on the Expert so the siggy hasn't been updated yet...