New Bios Mod DFI Expert

OCDB entry with a mix of Geil One and XBLK is at 264mhz with Ultra D and Opty 150 which was pretty easy. I was hoping for a little more tweakability with the Expert and 2 matched sets of Geil. Getting 4X512 above 260-270 is no easy task on any board unless every lil tid bit is stellar (mobo, cpu/mem controller and memory) not to mention my 146 is running at 3ghz so I'm sure the extra strain aint helping any :eek: (and I won't be giving up my 3g's for a better memory OC :D )

EDIT: Not done with tweaking on the Expert so the siggy hasn't been updated yet...

:D :D :D

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have a back-up plan, don't flash with any modded bios. I said I would give it a shot because I was covered if anything went wrong.. Didn't make any improvements for me with my TCCD. My TCCD hasn't went past 265 with any bios on the expert and it was the same with this one for me. The Bios memtest would not run as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Merlin,

I'm very interested in your efforts creating a new BIOS for Expert/Venus Users who are using TCCD chips.

As you surely know the TCCD-BIOS for Ultra-D/SLI-D... are based on the 326 ram table (http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114). Do you also implement this ram table in your new mod bios?

It would be fine cause the '-1' BIOS with the 326 ram table worked well with my old Ultra-D and TCCD chips.

Second, what do you mean with 'new NVMM'? Is the memory management meant here?

Not meaning to thread crap here, but I've got a DFI Expert board myself, and it's always been capable of DDR600+ speeds with 2 x 512MB of TCC5, regardless of BIOS. What I need to know is if this will help me reach increased frequencies with 4 x 512MB while retaining relatively tight timings. I'm on DDR430 at the moment with as tight of timings as I can manage. Some settings simply won't go lower because it's already as low as it can go. In any case, yeah, I'm hoping I can decrease the divider from CPU/14 to CPU/13 or CPU/12, or more to the point, get a higher amount of memory bandwidth while remaining stable. Is this BIOS for me?

Like Urok. I don't have much trouble reaching ddr600 on my expert board. The trouble I have is keeping it stable, which I beleive is mostly my cpu, and not the ram. I've tried this new bios and was not too thrilled with it at all. I kept getting BSOD's. And had a heck of a time getting to just 260x10. After the 3rd BSOD, I went back to DFI's 406. Thanks Merlin for trying to help us out. It's very much appreciated.

No no i think it's the bios.. i have use OCZ4800EE ( TCCD600) on 3 different board.. no problem got 320mhz stable at 2.5-4-4-8 1T with them, but impossible do same on the Expert ..with same RAM same CPU... first was DFINF4 SLI DR, DFI CFX3200-DR,,

Look on OCZ support thread ( bleeding edge..) you will see many guy have try a long long time and never arrive stabilise them...

it comes soon again new bios Dfi Expert very well for :) (TCCD, TCC5, UCCC) CE5, CE6 not tested

-new nvmm

-ram tbl

-Silicon Image 5.3.14

10.07.06.jpg

Merlin

Okay, I have compared this BIOS to the latest official BIOS (04/06/2006). Merlin has stated the 3 things he changed above... I will try to elaborate a little more about them.

The 04/06/2006 BIOS contained NVMM 4.054.0811/09/05, this BIOS contains NVMM with the version labeled as "Merlin". I am assuming this is a personally modified set by him.

Next, the RAM table from the 04/06/2006 BIOS has been changed... I am still trying to confirm the original and changed versions...

Finally, 04/06/2006 contained the Sil3114 version of 5.2.16. This BIOS has had the Sil3114 version updated to 5.3.14.

-LaTeR

• 1 month later...